Sunday, January 13, 2019

Pokémon Go Community Day + Local EX Raid, 1/13/2019

Today, I got a 2-for-1 deal. Usually, with the way things are in Pokémon Go, I'd participate in either Community Day or a local EX Raid on one day, but not both in the same day, let alone concurrently (although March last year came quite close, being one day after another). Today, that's exactly what happened: both were on the same day - today - and concurrent with each other. And that necessitated a few changes in plans.

Usually, I'd go to the place near where I live to partake in Community Day by spreading Lure Modules all over the PokéStops there (with others who do the same), but because of the EX Raid, that wasn't possible. Instead, I went to the place where the EX Raid takes place and spread Lure Modules in the surrounding area. It turns out the extensive number of PokéStops there allowed for this to nicely happen, even if it seemed fewer. As well, "invisible forces" seemed to contribute more than I did in this regard. The initial procedure remained the same as any Community Day, which began at 10 AM in my area: walk around to catch as many Pokémon as I could. The exception was that I had to get back to the EX Raid Gym by 11 AM...

...which was when the EX Raid took place. The EX Raid also notably happened at the same Gym that hosted it around two weeks ago. The perks for this one are the same as that one and need not to be explained. Things also went much the same way, by forming impromptu groups to take down Deoxys in its Attack Form. This was even more pertinent given that it happened in the midst of Community Day, and most were interested to just "get things done" and get back to the main and more important objective of Community Day. I have to say that things were quite effortless, if the actual raid weren't already so: Deoxys obliged only after two balls thrown, which is really great. After that, it was back to Community Day as usual.

No, this is NOT the Totodile EX Raid.
I just had to hurry up from Deoxys.

The perks for this Community Day were Totodile (which automatically means Hydro Cannon as the special move for its final evolution of Feraligatr), the standard extended Lure Modules and Shiny forms, and accelerated Egg hatching - the last of which is immensely helpful. It's a little sad that Totodile just missed being with last year's Johto starters, but it doesn't matter; perhaps it might return in December as everything did last year. Another perk is that in my area, everything seemed to go off without a hitch - with the only exception being that most Totodile were a bit subpar - though in other areas there have been reports of sparse appearances. As well, those other areas had their Community Days earlier yesterday; this scheduling was actually instituted for the bonus periods in December, so I suppose this was to replicate that. But now it's other areas that get problems first, before my area.

Meet the "min" boss...

Back to the EX Raid, since this EX Raid is with Community Day, I don't have a tag for it in the title, the first one since I began to take part in them. If I were to suggest a tag, it would be "max and min", because it was more "maxed" on Community Day and diminished on the EX Raid. Further, today in an alternate EX Raid that happened at 6 PM, some caught a Deoxys with maximum CP, while the Deoxys I caught earlier today was the one with the minimum CP, which is odd, but just a splendid case as it is for the maximum. The tag seems to be rather appropriate.

I wouldn't rule out having more EX Raids concurrently on the same day as Community Days, even though it seems that either may detract from the other. The EX Raid scheduling may soon drift to allow this to not happen for quite some time. But if it does happen again in the future, I'm all for it, especially if the area facilitates for both. At least now I know what to do and what to expect.

One year ago: My Pokémon Show
Two years ago: Pokémon and Cosplay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.