Friday, April 12, 2019

(Wet and Wild) Local EX Raid, 4/12/2019

Last week, the EX Raid was terribly terrible. Today, the EX Raid was terribly excellent. How can that be? Well, as the tag suggests, this one got drenched, and yet this one went places. The "drenched" part is because of rain, while the "go places" part involves things that went on before, during, and after the EX Raid. These made for one heck of an EX Raid, one of the more unusual ones I've taken part in.

This EX Raid, like last week's, started out rather innocently. I came to the Gym early since there wasn't much of anything else that I could do while I waited for the EX Raid to begin, save for other things within Pokémon Go. And then the rain came. It was light at first, but then it escalated into torrential proportions rather quickly. It cast doubt on whether this EX Raid could continue as planned - that is, have enough participants to succeed. But then other Trainers came one by one, including a friend that I specially invited for this EX Raid, and it appeared that it might turn out successful after all.

Initially it was decided that the initial group of Trainers would go right into battle, but then just after it started, another Trainer - who happened to be the one who missed last week's EX Raid - came with another in tow. To help the ones that just came, I, my friend, and one other Trainer split off mid-battle to start another battle group. However, doing so left the other battling group unable to complete their battle, and my new group proved to be underpowered. After realizing this, everyone present butted heads and decided to start a new group, this time with everyone in. This new group proved to be quite successful and helped accomplish what couldn't be done in two groups. And unlike last week, the capture this time went without a hitch. This was wild, to be sure.

Imagine if this Deoxys was just a wee bit bigger in the picture.

The wet part was when I, my friend, and the associated Trainers of my new group went to tackle another raid, this time in the open air with the rain pouring down and unlike the EX Raid, which was in a covered area, though perhaps still not enough. Compared to the EX Raid, my new group was quite successful on our own; the raid boss gave in just with what we had, and captures were equally successful. Needless to say, I ended up very wet, not just because of the rain (though partly mitigated by an umbrella) but also because of water near the ground that got splashed by various means. The success may not have been worth getting wet, but it was a success nonetheless.

If last week's EX Raid was terrible in the sense that it had purely bad things and was unsuccessful, today's EX Raid was terrible in the sense that it had a lot of detriments, and yet it was still successful. As a result of those detriments, I got wet and taken for a wild ride with regard to how things went. I can't say this was one of my best EX Raids, but it was so bad that it was good - something unusual to say, let alone be realized as with this one.

One year ago: Wallpaper: Pokémon 20th Anniversary
Two years ago: Pokémon Couriers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.