Sunday, August 14, 2022

Cosplay: Japan Overdrive 2022

Goh: Hey, um, are you really sure it's OK? There's been a few of these conventions and events you're sending Ash to and they don't seem to stop even with things the way they are.

Me: I know what you mean, and I'm personally concerned as much as I want to take advantage of the opportunity. I don't want to play "Darkrai's advocate", but I don't want to loaf around like a Slakoth either. So there's this one.

Ash: I'm OK with it if you're OK with it and Pikachu is OK with it.

Pikachu: Pi pika! ["I'm fine!"]

Me: OK, so there's supposed to be a lot of entertainment at this one and the usual bunch of competitions. But I've decided to... just send you for one of them.

Goh: That's unusual. You usually go all out with Ash.

Me: I know. I wanted to try something different this time. It's kind of related to what I need. Now, I'm just going to send you for the singing competition, here called "Anisong", with "Mezase Pokémon Master".

Ash: I guess you want me to try again from the one last Saturday. 

Me: In a way, yes. But I'll let you have the special journey outfit.

Ash: OK, great! So, I went to the place of the event, and... wait, this place is exactly the same as that event from a year ago that really went wrong!

Me: Er... yes. Yes, it is. So you're making up for that too.

Ash: I'm not going to get chased out like that time, am I?

Me: No, hopefully not. But the possibility of that, even if that can't or doesn't happen, is part of why I decided to take on just this one competition. How'd you do?

Ash: I think I did great! I had a blast singing the song the way you want it to be. It's just such a fun song. I know it really applies to all of our journeys, so I'm glad.

Goh: I can tell why you'd want to sing it over and over again. I feel the same way about my journey to catch all kinds of Pokémon.

Me: Doesn't it? No wonder why some call it an "anthem" of Pokémon.

Ash: Yeah! But I feel a bit disappointed not being able to hear about the results since I had to leave early.

Me: That's OK. Everything must have been delayed, so even if you got in the character parade, you would still have not been able to hear about it anyway.

Ash: When I left, the last entertainment to perform was late by 20 minutes. The schedule was just packed!

Goh: Let me take a look - oh wow, that is just packed. How did they not think about all this entertainment being given time?

Pikachu: Pi, pika chu... ["So, many things..."]

Ash: So I guess even if I stayed for as long as I could, I still wouldn't be able to hear about it.

Me: See, this is why I was hesitant about the character parade, besides the fact you could get chased out any time. Anyway, friends of mine and yours helped you to get back to me way early.

Ash: Yeah! We've got to thank them for their help. We also went together to the place, so that made it great too. I know you've got a few things on your mind, so I don't mind leaving early for you.

Me: So what do you think overall?

Ash: It looked like something from a few years ago with just a lot more people and bands in it! I had a a lot of fun then and now, even if it's harder to have fun now.

Goh: I think I'd love to enjoy it too.

Me: Well, all the more reason we've got to be able to get you in, eventually.

Ash: I agree! You need to come and see how it's like.

Pikachu: Pika, pika chu? ["Well, why not?"]

Me: At least there's still a lot of fun to be had in limited spaces and mindful times like these.

Three years ago: Who's That...
Four years ago: Worldly Reverence
Five years ago: All in Good (Life)Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.