Saturday, October 12, 2024

I'd Rather Be... With Pokémon

If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be...
-- "Rather Be", Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne)

If there's an underlying message that all my posts on this blog, even up to this one, it is that my preferences are directed mostly toward Pokémon. It's evident through one song I brought up early in my blogging years, along with other songs since that time. As a matter of fact, so is one other kind-of popular song from that time - even, slightly further back - that pretty much describes the same message, which would be the above song, for which the pre-chorus and final chorus are quoted.

The song above could be regarded as a love song in some ways, describing the dynamics of a couple in such a state. They would be able to work out their differences and find points of commonality and compatibility with each other. Ultimately, both would feel that they are meant for each other and prefer to be in each other's company... just like how my preferences are attuned to Pokémon, feeling a certain kind of compatibility for doing things related to it and just dealing with them.

For relating this to Pokémon, a Trainer's relationship with their Pokémon is one that may not be a preference for certain species, but a preference for success, something that could be illustrated by the quoted lyrics above. That would mean making the extra effort for them to be able to achieve certain things and fulfill certain things, affirming that they and their Trainers are meant to be - and "rather be".

As a matter of fact, today there was a choice between activities for me and a certain someone I'm familiar with, and there were elements of preference to be dealt with. In the end, I made choices according to Pokémon preferences, and those choices are ones that work for me and that certain someone. It would have to be detailed in a separate post, one that should highlight the relevant preferential aspects.

Many preferences are still to be had in my life for one thing or another. But more still are directed to Pokémon, and that for me is an "I'd rather be (with)" situation - and considering the relevant song, that applies for many places and times with different people as well. Those are truly chances to be taken and shots to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.