Thursday, October 3, 2024

The Metronome of My (Pokémon) Life

A long, long time ago, I mentioned the Metronome move as a move that some Pokémon may possibly learn and use. It's a niche move, considering what it does and which Pokémon are able to learn it. At the same time, it is also of interest for its philosophical wonderings, in particular with regard to aspects of my life and the Pokémon goings-on within it. It's something that seems neat to be explored, so I've decided to take a post to do just that, to see how the move and its effects are manifested in that life.

Just to review, when executed, the move selects and executes any one of the multitude of moves available to all Pokémon, which have grown in number since the first games the move was featured in (and with the development of Pokémon itself). In the anime, this is often depicted by a Pokémon waving both of its pointer fingers from side to side several times like the hand of a metronome, then stopping in the middle with a flash as the move is executed. Though the selected move itself is rarely seen, it's understood that something occurred.

Each and every activation of Metronome is a surprise, and so are some of the things that happen in my life. It seems as if a Clefairy - a prominent user of Metronome - is waiting around every turn and always waving its hand, and when it stops, something happens. What that something is might just be the attack I need in some cases... or not in others. Meanwhile, I myself might have a Clefairy (or more likely a Togepi, another well-known user) of my own, and that would lead to my own usage of the move in ways I can (or can't) imagine.

Metronome is still a fascinating move, even many years after it was first implemented, that may or may not have significant effects depending on the user and circumstances. The same is true of my life and the Pokémon aspects intertwined in it, which just may be the result of repeated usage of Metronome by various users and circumstances, with the effects being the way that life is now. The usage of Metronome will surely continue in my Pokémon life, and the users, circumstances, and results might just be astounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.