Sunday, October 13, 2024

Cosplay: Axis Cup and Cosplay Festival

Goh: Oh, is this a continuation from last week?

Me: It apparently is. This time, it's for the region where I'm in, not the one next to it like back then.

Ash: I get it! So this and last week were regional tournaments.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Must be it!"] 

Me: That's one way to think of it. And as you saw, it's not just one game this time - there is (or was) another one.

Goh: Wait, two games? You mean... this also happened yesterday? It's a two-day thing?

Me: Uh-huh, and Ash was there - but only briefly.

Ash: Yeah! You sent me to raid for Mega Mawile with your friends first yesterday. 

Me: Yup. Ultimately, that's what I had you do, since it was somewhat important for us, given it's a Pokémon deal.

Goh: But there wasn't a parade the other day, was it?

Me: Actually, there was... but it was more for spooky stuff, creepy stuff - like for the end of the month, but we'll get to that when (if) that happens.

Ash: I got to see some of the winners... but some of them weren't spooky enough - maybe?

Pikachu: Pi... pika? ["Maybe... not?"] 

Me: It's also a Saturday, so you'd imagine it wasn't too lively.

Goh: Even the game they had didn't have too many people playing.

Me: You know, I liken it to part of the raid effort earlier: it maintains a dedicated community just enough for it to survive.

Goh: OK, but there had to be some of your friends yesterday.

Ash: Sure. Not many, but good enough. There was a lot more today!

Goh: And the game... it was last week's.

Ash: Yeah, and a lot more people playing it. The final match was even live for everyone to see.

Me: Good to know. We don't need to touch on that too much, so let's discuss what else happened today.

Ash: I was supposed to be there a little early with a friend of ours, but...

Pikachu: Pika pika? ["Didn't come?"] 

Me: Um, I'm sorry about that. I think something happened, so I took the brunt for sending you - especially before things may get dicey outside.

Ash: I caught up to our friend later, and I think something did happen.

Me: OK, let's not talk about that. What about the rest of things?

Ash: I got held up at the entrance before I could get in.

Goh: Problems? Issues?

Ash: Technical, I think.

Me: Typical. What about once you got in?

Goh: There must have been entertainment, even if it's the usual.

Ash: Like singing and dancing, solo and in groups?

Goh: Like that.

Ash: Sure. They were great.

Me: And then there was the character parade.

Ash: I did just great this time!

Pikachu: Chu! ["Yes!"] 

Ash: But not enough to win something...

Pikachu: Pika... ["Hmm..."] 

Goh: How many characters were in it?

Ash: You wouldn't believe it. Over 50!

Goh: Wow!

Me: I think that's the largest for a local festival or convention in recent memory.

Goh: Seriously, though - how many prizes?

Ash: There were 20 - but two were repeats for "best of the best".

Goh: So, 18. More who didn't win than who did.

Ash: I thought some nice characters would win, but they didn't. And some of the winners were wild too.

Me: *sigh* Lottery effect. Some of my friends would agree.

Goh: And... that must have been all.

Ash: Pretty much. I left to get back to our friend just after the awarding.

Me: OK. I've got some final notes: there were actually two local organizers involved in this - one yesterday and one today.

Ash: I met them - characters and people I know.

Goh: That could explain some stuff.

Pikachu: Chu... ["So..."] 

Me: And the sponsors for this are also involved in a festival a long ways away from here.

Ash: I hear the "best of the best" winners are going there!

Goh: Oh! Figures.

Me: With that, I'm sure Ash had a good day, even if it does seem somewhat strange.

Goh: Maybe you can make up for it another time? 

Ash: I'm sure we can.

Me: I've got some plans already, but until they come to fruition, we have the remnants of this day by this talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.