Sunday, October 13, 2019

Cosplay: KAI ESports Exhibition

Me: Hey, want to get into something big?

Ash: Like what?

Me: Like this exhibition or event. It's a little different from the usual, but it works. This one, as the title suggests, is an exhibition for competitive games that some people play, although I don't really play them. I do, however, play one game which could be considered one because of a certain circumstance, but it didn't make it here.

Ash: Hey, I think I get what you're talking about! I want in!

Pikachu: Pika pika! [affirmative]

Me: Yeah, I think you know. So, I wasn't originally planning on sending you here; there is a character competition, but at first I thought it was going to be limited to characters from those other games I was talking about. But then it was decided to open the competition to everyone, so now I could send you in.

Ash: But I heard your figure friends will be meeting.

Me: Yes, that's true. But an opportunity to send you is valuable, sometimes in more ways than one, so I didn't end up going. All right, so now that I've sent you, you might recognize the place that it's in.

Ash: Hey! I've been here lots of times!

Pikachu: Pika chu! [amazed]

Me: Well, a big exhibition like this needs a really big place, and the place is one of the biggest locally, so it's no wonder. Now, what was it like inside?

Ash: It's like those other times, but a lot of it is tied to those games. And you don't play them, right?

Me: No, none of them really interest me. If I were, then I'd be in the competitions by now - just like that one time!

Ash: Yeah, I can't argue with that.

Me: OK, so the big thing for us and you today is the character competition, which is a parade today. How was it?

Ash: It was great! There were 30 or so characters on stage, and we all looked good. But even with 10 favorites and 3 best ones, I didn't win. I thought a couple of my other character friends really could win, but they also didn't. It's kind of odd, don't you think?

Me: Someone once said that a parade competition like this is kind of like a lottery, even given the usual judging criteria. Remember last year?

Ash: Oh yeah! That one was a bit hard to decide. I guess you might be right.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika... [exasperated]

Me: The point is that we did what we can. Big hint: we can try our chances again real soon, so be ready.

Ash: I will!

Pikachu: Pika! ["I will too!"]

Me: That's great. Now, what do you think of this as a whole?

Ash: It's neat that this happened, and the stands were pretty good today. There were not many people, not like the usual one, but I can understand - different people like different things. I'm glad you sent me.

Me: I'm glad too. Now, I also have to remark that a month or two ago, there was this same event, but held in a different and pretty faraway town. Plus, this weekend there is actually a really major convention in another faraway town. So you know, it kind of makes up for those.

Ash: I guess things actually worked out.

Me: You know what? You're spot on. Now let's see if they really can next time.

One year ago: Pokémon and Adventure Games
Two years ago: Respect for Ikue Ootani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.