Sunday, August 18, 2019

Cosplay: STARNIFEST 2019

Ash: Whoa! Now this is new.

Me: Nice, huh? Actually, this is not so new, since I had meant to send you to this one on two separate occasions, one of which being nearly two years ago, but they always conflicted with something else that took precedence. This time, the path is clear.

Pikachu: Pi! Pika pika! ["Yeah! It's neat!"]

Me: I've always heard that this convention is a big thing, and that my friends like it, and so on and so forth. Now that I've been able to send you, what do you see?

Ash: Well, I can see why your friends like it! It's indoors, there are a lot of people showing things off, and it's in a big place. We missed a lot when you didn't send me here.

Me: Yeah, but the others are important as well, so as they say, better late than never.

Ash: Hey, I met your figure friends!

Me: Yes, they told me they would be exhibiting, so it's always nice to see them, right?

Ash: Yeah, I like the Pokémon that's there. The leader likes Piplup a lot - I know that's Dawn's Pokémon, but I can speak for her.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika. ["I like Piplup too."]

Me: That's always a thing. That exhibition should be enjoyable now that something like the localized TCG has taken hold.

Ash: Hey, yeah. A lot of people asked if you have played. You're still learning, right?

Me: Right. It's fun, and maybe you might like it too. Now, how about the other exhibitors? What did they have?

Ash: You know, it's the usual. There are lots of goodies, but not much food, maybe to keep the mess down. I think you might be interested in some of the goodies.

Me: I wonder if you can get something.

Ash: I just did! I think you'll love what I got.

Me: Fantastic! Also, I'm sorry that I couldn't set you up for the J-Song competition. The deadline was way past, and they would have auditioned you out of so many anyway. But I think the character parade is open.

Ash: It is! And I got myself in, with my Unova outfit.

Me: Great! How'd it go?

Ash: It was fun, but I didn't win. There were 80 characters and only three won. I think the judges had a problem deciding who won.

Me: Well, I can see that. 80 is a big number.

Ash: There was a weird dance at the end, but it looked fun, so I and some other characters joined in.

Me: Why not. That should be a relief from not winning.

Pikachu: Pika pi! Pi pika pika chu! ["Ash! It did look weird!"]

Ash: Sorry, Pikachu. I guess I just got caught in the moment.

Me: With a convention this big, this packed, and this fun, everything is still OK.

Ash: We should go whenever we can!

Me: Sure thing, whenever possible. It's definitely a part of the event calendar now. It might just happen next time.

One year ago: Cosplay: B-Bunkasai 2018 - Subarashii Maboroshii no Sekai
Two years ago: Battle of the Masters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.