Tuesday, August 6, 2019

There Is Always a Way

A certain company - specifically one that I've hinted about in one post and Poké-parodied in another - recently changed its slogan (or rather, officiated one). That slogan forms the title of this post. The reason for the new slogan is because the company has quite expanded from its humble origins, and so it instituted a brand refresh in order to reflect its new identity, part of which being the new slogan. Personally, I consider the slogan to be quite evocative of the company's brand... and my experiences with Pokémon.

Though probably not in the sense that the slogan is supposed to evoke, I find that the slogan parallels how I go about doing things with Pokémon, specifically the games. In Shuffle, I can work with stages in different ways; if one way doesn't work, then I can try again in a different way even with the Pokémon I already have caught. In Go, if I don't like certain Field Research tasks, I can opt not to do them if I don't have to, in order to keep them ready for my Field Research stamps. And for the main series games, I can opt to play just one game of a pair, not necessarily both; I can enlist help in my progress where necessary. In that way, I really do always have ways to take care of things.

Come to think of it, Pokémon itself came from humble beginnings with two games on the Game Boy, and now it's so much more than that. There are now many, many ways to enjoy Pokémon, some without even having to play the games, although one may eventually gravitate to playing at least a few. I speak, of course, for some of my figure friends as an example, who may not have played quite a few of the games, or those who only watch the anime or read the manga. Pokémon is hardly in need of a brand refresh like that company, but in a way, the same slogan might be considered to apply. Pokémon is a big thing now for many people in many ways.

As far as I'm concerned, the company was right to refresh its brand, in particular by the slogan, due to the way that it is now. The company hopes that its customers will take advantage of its many services in different ways, not just as expected. At the same time, Pokémon for me seems to be just as evocative of that slogan as that company - and perhaps it may be true generally. I'm sure that for either, the way to go about things will always present itself, one way or another.

One year ago: (More) Plastic Poké Balls
Two years ago: Cosplay: Tomodachi 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.