Friday, April 19, 2019

Local EX Raid (and a Whirlwind), 4/19/2019

Today was one of those "whirlwind" days. No, I'm not talking about the Pokémon move, nor am I talking about an actual weather condition. It just seems like a lot of things happened on this day, including in Pokémon Go. And one of those things happened to be an EX Raid that was scheduled for this afternoon. Granted, the EX Raid was scheduled way ahead of time and didn't exactly foreshadow what happened this day, but it did become a neat part of it.

This morning, I hadn't been planning to raid before the EX Raid, especially since my morning started out somewhat abnormally and raids before an EX Raid, based on experience, tend to somewhat detract from the "main event" of the day. However, at the behest and demand of an early group of Trainers, I decided to pitch in and help them. My assistance turned out to be quite warranted and key to their success, as well as that of my own. This effort spanned three Gyms around my extended neighborhood, so that did make for a "whirlwind".

During the EX Raid, I was the first to arrive, while the others turned up gradually. Since there was no coordination beforehand, it was up to those who came to "whirl" into impromptu battle groups. I went into the one that was the most appropriate for me to provide my assistance. The entry, the battle, and the capture all went rather rapid, just like a whirlwind; before long, it was all over. I didn't get one that was too good, but then there may be opportunities very soon.

Deoxys-in-the-lot.

After that, there was an opportunity to get involved in a couple more raids, and I took the opportunity. This too went like a whirlwind with the Trainers involved - even I had to decide what to do and do so quickly. The real whirlwind, however, came later in the day (or rather, the evening), when the raid scene suddenly became lively. That much I can say for now, for this needs to be discussed on its own rather soon. All of these did prove to be a lot to take in, even with only six raids total today for me, including the EX Raid.

On some days, it seems like nothing goes on, at least nothing too fast-paced and out of the ordinary. On other days, everything just seems to happen in a flurry or a whirlwind. The raid scene today happened to be of the latter, with an EX Raid seemingly being its centerpiece. While I never hope that an actual whirlwind may occur, once in a while, increased raid activity like what occurred today may just be welcomed, enough for me to take part in them.

One year ago: Cracking the Case
Two years ago: Oddest Things with Pikachu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.