Friday, April 5, 2019

Pokémon Go Fest 2017 T-Shirt Replica

I actually thought about discussing something else today that's not too related to Pokémon Go, but I've decided to discuss this while it's still somewhat relevant. Those who have been reading my blog will surely recognize the raid group tournament I participated in recently. I didn't win the tournament itself - I ended up almost bottoming out - but I did win something off of one of the mini-contests. And the prize for that is this unique T-shirt related to Pokémon Go... or at least, a semblance of it.

The front side.

The first Pokémon Go Fest in Chicago in 2017 featured a T-shirt of this exact design for some of its participants. For the ones who were able to go back then, this would have been a treat. Those who couldn't go could at least change the "shirt" item in the Style Shop of Pokémon Go so that the Trainer could appear wearing this shirt. It is thus unique and may be considered highly coveted (at least, the real-life form) by some Pokémon Go players, including those who are part of my raid group.

The back side.

My raid group, in fact, had arranged for replicas of the T-shirt to be made, way before I started raiding with them. Some of the people who had reserved one (and subsequently gotten theirs) can be seen as far back as in my first raid experience and my first EX Raid that followed later. Back then I was half-interested in this shirt, but when I consulted with the maker, the response was that there would need to be significant interest from some of the others as well for another batch of these T-shirts to be created. So this T-shirt has been something that I've long desired but never actually materialized. And now the desire has been fulfilled by way of me winning the mini-contest.

This T-shirt is monochromatic, but it has a great style. On the front side, the illustration is round, and the land-and-water part below and the city skyline above meet each other in the middle with a circle to resemble a Poké Ball, along with Pokémon that nicely represent each (Ursaring, Lapras, and Charizard). On the back side, the Pokémon Go Fest logo appears understated, but it doesn't need to say more for such a special shirt. The replica that I have seems to be well-created, but I may also have to take care of it well, since I see the ones of those who have it deteriorating.

It's easy to see why some Pokémon Go players may be interested in this very unique shirt. It's commemorative of a very special happening, and yet it is simplistic in the way that it does so. Moreover, it does actually appear as an in-game item, which only increases the interest. It's highly likely that players may highly desire an actual version of it, which my raid group has proven with the creation of this replica. Now that I have one as well, my desire for it has been satisfied.

One year ago: 1000 Pokémon Species?
Two years ago: That Way You've Got

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.