Sunday, August 4, 2019

Cosplay: Utsuru SX

Me: OK, so this is one of those can't-miss days... and conventions. Lots of things go on here.

Red: Yes, I'll say.

Me: You know, it's been some time since I've sent you to an event or convention. Most of the time, I send Ash, but today I felt like sending you.

Red: Sure. I don't think I've seen much of this one anyhow.

Me: Well, I think you remember a few of the past "community" conventions I've sent you to, right? This one is a lot like that.

Red: I see that. And it's always, always crowded. There was a line at the ticket booth, and then there was a line to get in. And once you're inside, it's obvious.

Me: Was there anything interesting?

Red: Oh, I think you'd love the car and motorcycle stand. Sometimes I wonder about one. Then there was a card game stand - that might be good for both of us. Other than that, there were a lot of game, collectibles, and food stands.

Me: OK, so it's pretty much standard by now. What about the entertainment?

Red: I like the bands that performed. The dance groups were great too. And I think a few of your friends sent in their characters for a group performance - that was wonderful. Everything else was the usual, but still enjoyable.

Me: Yeah, things are pretty much standard, but they're great each time. Now, it wouldn't be a great time if I couldn't get you to take part in a competition. You did, right?

Red: I did! I got in the character parade for you. It's always great to show others what you and I can do with Pokémon. I and Pikachu did something short for everyone to see.

Me: And the results?

Red: No win for me. There were only four winners out of 37 characters.

Me: Maybe it was hard for the judges to pick. More characters mean harder decisions. Oh well. OK, so... overall impressions?

Red: Things seem great, but I think there was one thing we all didn't think about: the wind. It was really windy, so a few stands had problems with loose things. The stage even had some problems, and even I had problems with my cap!

Me: Sorry about that. This time of year where it is, it may get windy and cold.

Red: But things were really good, though. The whole convention was a success. To take the time to send me here was worth it, even with what you're doing.

Me: Hmm. It's kind of bittersweet - actually, more like bitter and stinging - but life and Pokémon have to go on somehow. Thanks for a good day.

Red: You're welcome.

One year ago: (A New) Local Ex-Raid, 8/4/2018
Two years ago: Pokémon on My Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.