Saturday, August 4, 2018

(A New) Local Ex-Raid, 8/4/2018

As I've discussed in my previous Ex-Raid opportunity, another Gym in my local area "broke through" and became able to host Ex-Raids. The one that I participated I today is "new", because I indeed got my Ex-Raid Pass for that Gym. I earned mine off an opportune Marowak; to be honest, I wasn't sure that I would get it because the raid for the Pokémon was a Level 4, which required at least a few players, but thanks to opportune players, I was able to complete the raid and capture the Pokémon, and get the Ex-Raid Pass thereafter. That's a great thing.

The only thing that wasn't so great was that there were far fewer participants in this Ex-Raid than in the previous ones I've participated in, excluding a few of the initial ones in which I took part. On one hand, this is understandable since the Ex-Raids here only started to happen two weeks ago. On the other hand, it may mean that the place only hasn't been seriously considered as an alternative to the usual place where I've had my previous Ex-Raids. Hopefully with this one, it may become more considerable.

The others... well... (I took the picture.)

With very few participants, the battle flights were also few - two in all, plus an extra one if necessary. However, during the course of the battles, many were found to be going off their flights, which destroys the entire point of coordination. I do wish things had gone according to plan. Fortunately my battle flight went just fine, even without the ones who weren't supposed to be there. Yet due to the situation, I only got a bare number of balls for my Mewtwo capture - seven - which made this capture particularly challenging. Luckily, with only three balls remaining, a well-executed throw resulted in a successful capture, and I was pleased.

Now, as with the previous Ex-Raid, this one also happened along with the Ex-Raid at the other usual place, only this time it didn't happen concurrently at the same time, and this one was instead separated by three hours. Yet in any case, this seems to affirm that the two places will have the Ex-Raids at the exact or nearly the same time. At the least, this will still allow options for different places to have Ex-Raids in, so both can and should be supported. I am also interested to try different things of my own in regard to these places with Gyms open for Ex-Raids, so these two places will definitely help for that.

I'm thoroughly satisfied with this Ex-Raid, even if it seems different, minimalist, and out of the ordinary. But then, that's the way it seems with Pokémon Go every so often, making for a dynamic experience. This dynamic quality will surely be what will keep me coming back for Ex-Raids in my local area, whether in this place, as usual in the other place, or perhaps even other places. For now, this one is just great.

One year ago: Pokémon on My Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.