Saturday, August 11, 2018

Pokémon Go Personal Feature Wishlist

Pokémon Go is a great game because it gets updated with new features every so often, which can often be a great thing. However, along with those new features, there are also some features that are still desirable but have not been implemented. Every player has them, and I do too. At the moment, and based on my experience, here are some features I'd like to see implemented in Go, as expansions to current features or otherwise:

Viewing Gifts outside of Friend Lists. Gifts are a great thing from when they were first introduced, since they allow Trainers to bring back keepsakes from different places, give them to others, and benefit in return. However, I'm a terribly forgetful lot, so I often forget which Gifts I've gotten from where, so I would like to be able to view them directly. Currently, the only way to view Gifts is through the Friend List by way of the Send Gift feature, just before sending one; tapping the Gift item in the Bag simply displays a popup with a repeated explanation, which isn't all that helpful. Direct viewing is surely more helpful than this.

Expanded Poké Ball Menu. The Poké Ball Menu - the one summoned by tapping the icon on the main game screen - has a useful feature in that it can be swiped to the direction of the menu item to be opened, to directly open it without tapping twice. Alas, the Settings and News items, of which the latter has become even more important due to it holding notifications of Pokémon and friends, cannot be opened in this manner and require two taps to open. I would like to see the Poké Ball Menu expanded to accommodate these two items, as I frequently use them too and wish to access them with a single swipe rather than two taps.

Pokémon Markers. In the main series games, a series of markers are available for visually tagging certain Pokémon with certain abstract symbols, which often correspond to their stats. I would like to see such a system implemented in Go as well. I dare say it's just as important, because many Trainers in Go have more Pokémon than even those who play the main series - at least if they do not utilize the Pokémon Bank - and will possibly have even more soon. Also, as I've said, I'm a forgetful kind of person, so I would like to use this to mark Pokémon after they've been appraised so that I forget less.

The nature of the game means that new features are constantly being added and old ones are constantly improved. The above feature wishlist captures what seems to currently be features that could make for better experiences. Other players will perhaps have the same desires as I do right now. With any luck, these features may hopefully be added for all to enjoy, including me.

One year ago: Cosplay Scrapbooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.