Sunday, August 26, 2018

Figure Gathering, Again

On this Sunday, I had a bit of time to spare, so I decided to attend another gathering of figure collectors, which happens to be the same group that I met the last time. Since then, they've graciously accepted me as part of their extended connections, which allows me to partake in the gatherings when able. It just so happens that this time I was somewhat able, so that was what I did.

More and yet more figures.

This time, the gathering took place indoors at a local Japanese eatery, which also allowed us to sit on the floor from a height, and eat at low tables. More people also came to this one - 10 at its height, albeit only one more from the previous one. Naturally, this also meant that a more diversified array of figures were contributed for exhibition. I brought in four of mine: the two Pikachu figures from a convenience store, and the Pikachu and Slaking figures I got out of a draw of Poké Balls. They are either new enough or innovative enough, and most importantly able to be conveniently brought for the occasion. This also lent itself well for photography of the figures, which some of us did, taking advantage of the figures present.

I call this "a composition of four Pikachu".

As before, a game was in order, and someone came up with a good one: using a web site and service on the Internet, a quiz was created and administered to the people willing to participate in it. The quiz was mostly about Pokémon descriptions in the PokéDex, including their stated species identifier (as in Wailmer being the Ball Whale Pokémon), which I have to say that I only remember bits and pieces. Yet the results of the quiz show that most people also remember only bits and pieces too. The quiz also acted as the only giveaway of this gathering, and it was won by someone I made friends with from the previous gathering. I myself took third in the quiz, which isn't too shabby; perhaps I could have done slightly better.

The lucky soul received... this!

The gathering that occurred this time personally served as a kind of validation. I know that there are Pokémon fans in the right places if I know where to look, and I knew where and who to look for. To seek their company is a good thing, in the case that alternative gatherings with other people are infeasible. In this case, they like the figure aspect, which I do too, to a fair extent. I'm certain that as long as I collect the figures, I can still connect with them. Hopefully they can accept my paces and strides as well.

After a hard, good day.

I'm pleasantly amused to be part of this gathering. I'm taking back home an experience in more ways than one, and for a Pokémon fan like me, that means a lot of things. As always, the next one will be wait-and-see, but at least I'm inspired to see if I can conceive something to bring to the table (literally) next time. As long as it relates to figures and Pokémon, there should be no problem and a whole lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.