Sunday, November 3, 2019

Cosplay: Project "Untitled"

Me: OK, today should be somewhat special. You'll no doubt remember a certain theme event last year, right?

Ash: Oh yeah! That was really fun, wasn't it, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pikachu! ["Really was!"]

Me: This theme event I'm sending you to is pretty much the second edition to that, although the reason why they titled it as such is unknown to me. I thought "Untitled" was going to be a placeholder title - temporary, that is - but then it apparently stuck, so that's why I added "Project" for emphasis.

Ash: Temporary or not, I think this one's here to stay! Last year was so good that they obviously wanted things to go on, and they did. I hope it can continue on and on.

Me: So do I. Now, you'll remember last year that I sent you in a very special position, as a judge for characters; this year I'm sorry to say we weren't selected, so I can only send you as you are.

Ash: Aw, too bad. Maybe I can be a judge at some other place.

Me: Maybe so. But that does leave the door open for us to compete in the character parade and the singing competition, which I've signed you up for.

Ash: Cool! I know you want me to go with the Hoenn outfit, which you like and I like. But what do you want me to sing today?

Me: It's a really, really special song. But it will also push us to the limits of our abilities. You'll no doubt be inspired to wish.

Ash: Oh, I see! This is amazing!

Pikachu: Pika pika chu! ["Really amazing!"]

Me: It should be. The character parade should be standard with what you can do.

Ash: Sure! That's always a great thing.

Me: OK, so how did it go there? How was it organized, and were there improvements from last year?

Ash: It seems a lot better this year! The weather is OK, the layout is nice, and the communities are balanced - a bit less on the "idol group", but some still perform. The entertainment is pretty much the same, but I enjoy it. The food stands are in the same place, but they're fine.

Brock: Yeah, I see that.


Ash: Hi! Glad to see you here. Can you help out with a few things?

Brock: I'll help you out as much as I can.

Ash: OK. So overall things are looking good - I even found myself from last year.

Note: Caption below says "SASUGA MY IDOL".

Me: Oh wow! That's a real point of interest, and I'd agree that things are looking up. Speaking of which... how are the results of the competitions?

Ash: They weren't too great. I didn't win either one.

Pikachu: Pika chu... ["Really sad..."]

Me: Ouch. I guess things have not been going great for us recently.

Brock: I did what you asked, but there might be a problem with your second task for me. Really sorry.

Ash: Oh no! And I was hoping for this one to be the best possible.

Me: Uh-oh. I hate when this happens. As if things couldn't get any worse.

Ash: Yeah, me too. But, want to know the best part?

Me: Yeah?

Ash: Want to know the BEST part??

Me: Yeah??

Ash: I GOT TO SING WITH A LIVE BAND!!!


Pikachu: Pi pika pika chuu!!! ["Really incredible!!!"]

Me: EXCELLENT!!! This has been a somewhat protracted dream of yours and mine, and it finally came true today. I also hinted at this on Halloween: the preparations the next day were for this. This is indeed the best part of today, bar none. I think this also makes up for not winning anything, don't you think?

Ash: Yeah! I have to agree with that!

Brock: I have to go early. I'm going to take a rest - you enjoy the rest of this.

Ash: Oh, so soon? I guess it's fine. You did most of what you needed to do.

Me: Maybe it's time to wrap this up with some final thoughts.

Ash: This theme event has a good thing going with everything, so like I said, I hope it goes on.

Pikachu: Pika pika pika! ["Really really!"]

Ash: Anything else you want to say besides "really"?

Pikachu: Pika, pika pika chu. ["Really, I wish for the best."]

Me: I'm with you on that one. And for as long as the competitions are like this, I'm sure I'll continue to send you to participate. On that note, it may be time to "make a wish", like the song you sang suggests.

Ash: Maybe so.

One year ago: The Joys and Sorrows of Raid Marathons
Two years ago: Late-Night Lure Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.