Sunday, November 17, 2019

Pokémon Go Community Day, 11/16/2019

Me: Along with the character duty from yesterday, I also sent you on an important errand. I think you should have loved it.

Ash: Yeah! You told me there would be a lot of Chimchar that would appear at a specific time yesterday, and my task was to capture them. It's so neat - Chimchar was one of my favorites from Sinnoh. There's a good story about it too. And it's perfect since I was with my Sinnoh outfit.

Me: Right you are. It's as if I had planned it. Now, if you evolved a few during that time to Infernape, you should have gotten ones with a special move. Know what it is?

Ash: I know! It's Blast Burn. The Fire-type starters often have that move.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Nice!"]

Me: Very good! If you're lucky, you should also have found its Shiny form as well, and Eggs should have hatched faster. So, how'd you do yesterday?

Ash: I think I did great! The place you sent me to only had one PokéStop, but that was OK. I put in a Lure Module as soon as the Chimchar came, and that helped a lot. It lasted while the Chimchar came.

Me: How many Shiny Chimchar did you catch?

Ash: I got four! I'm kind of surprised myself that I got four. How many do you usually catch when you do this without me?

Me: It kind of varies. One time, I got more than 10, while another time, I got no more than 2. Four is a good number, especially when you can't really walk around to do things as I usually do.

Ash: Yeah, that is kind of a problem. Since I just had this place and that one PokéStop, I couldn't walk around. I also wanted to hatch your Eggs, but I couldn't either. They did hatch, though, after I was done with my duty.

Me: That's still great anyhow. How many did you evolve into Infernape?

Ash: Three - two of your Lucky ones and the best Shiny one that I got. Maybe you'd like to evolve a few more later on? I saved up hundreds of Chimchar Candy.

Me: That might just work, and that's good enough. Chimchar appear every so often even without Community Day, so it might make up for the Candy that wasn't gotten. So at least this "minimalist" thing does work, but I definitely don't recommend it every time, especially if Eggs hatching faster is part of the deal.

Ash: But you know what really helped? I bought the Community Day Box for you, and it made up in a pinch.

Me: It does, doesn't it? I've purchased it once or twice in the past, and it's sometimes helpful, especially for planning ahead if at all possible. Any other issues?

Ash: In the middle, I thought I had trouble catching Chimchar, but it seemed to work out fine. It was fine the rest of the way.

Me: So for that issue, it might be hard to tell who is at fault. By the way, I received word that something special was present right after the Chimchar appearances. Did you do something about that?

Ash: Yeah! Galarian Weezing was everywhere in Gyms. I raided a couple with your raid friends after I was done with my duty and I could meet them.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika! ["That's great!"]

Ash: It's a great first look into Galar!

Me: I agree. This is the first time something like this has happened. I'm sure most people will like this, and they'll want to try to get into Galar soon. I'd say this has been quite successful despite the obstacles for you.

Ash: I think so too! I'll help out again if things work out this way.

Me: Sure. It may not always happen this way, but at least things can happen if they do.

One year ago: PikaPool
Two years ago: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Unleashed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.