Saturday, November 16, 2019

Cosplay: Mini Futsal Cup 2019

Me: OK, so I have to say that in my world, I can send you to do other things besides at events and conventions. You've already experienced this first-hand during April Fools' and Halloween, but now you're going to experience something entirely different.

Ash: I'm interested. So what is this one?

Pikachu: Pika pika? ["What is it?"]

Me: So, a friend of mine who often sends a famous ninja teacher character also manages teams of futsal, which for those who don't know, is like a smaller form of soccer - arena soccer, in fact. And to make things different for their next tournament, he proposed that it would be opened with characters instead.

Ash: And you want me in.

Me: Exactly. It would be a change of pace for the both of us. Speaking of change, this was originally scheduled for the middle of last month, but then there were some issues, so it got delayed to today. But it doesn't matter, since today is just as fine and good.

Ash: Well, OK. What do I and Pikachu need to do for this one?

Me: Not much. You just have to be yourself in the character parade that opens his tournament, with nine other characters including the teacher ninja himself. And you just have to be ready. I'll ask you to wear the Sinnoh outfit since it's valuable for both of us.

Ash: That we definitely can do!

Pikachu: Pika pikachu! ["Definitely, yes!"]

Me: That's great. So, how were things today?

Ash: The parade was a bit late, but you say that may be expected based on how other things go. But it was great when it started. The field was like a Pokémon battlefield - I almost wanted to have a battle on it! All of us had fun, though.

Me: Maybe you'll have your chance soon enough. What else happened today?

Ash: The ninja teacher and his ninja student made a great performance after the parade! I really liked it. I wish I could be there with another Pokémon Trainer.

Me: We'll have to see if we can get that going. I assume the tournament went OK?

Ash: I think so, but I saw the teacher's team losing big at the start.

Me: Well, at the least we had fun. By the way, there should have been a little something for the both of us for participating today. Did you get it?

Ash: I did! This should be great.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika! ["I agree!"]

Me: This should be more than great - it's one of the reasons I send you. I'm sure the next time something like this happens, you'd like to join again.

Ash: Sure, why not?

Me: All right. That said, it has been a good day. It's an even better day when it's also supported by something else Pokémon... but I'll save that for us tomorrow.

One year ago: The Detective Goes Live!!
Two years ago: Go My Dear One, and Pursue Your Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.