Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Let's Talk About Finding Our Way

Me: Before we get too deep into things, I'd like to say that this hasn't been the best of years, perhaps for us.

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["I can understand."]

Ash: Well, I can see that. It's not exactly the most fun thing having to go around with something over your nose and mouth when normally you don't have to, but it is what it is.

Me: And I've heard things are becoming not too good again, so don't expect me to be able to send you to anything.

Ash: Don't worry - it's not in our best interests anyway. Let's just wait and see for now.

Me: OK, that's settled. In the meantime, we can have another "Let's Talk". This time, I want to discuss about going places, achieving things, making stuff work - all things that make up "finding our way".

Ash: That's an interesting topic. You know, it's something that you and I as Pokémon Trainers do. I've had my way in finding ways.

Me: I know you do. Sometimes they're interesting, sometimes they're unexpected, but they're always entertaining.

Ash: But it doesn't always work out, the first time at least. You've seen the battles that didn't turn out great, and that much is what I can say.

Me: On the other hand, you've had lots of great journeys, and you always find your way.

Ash: Yeah, like that one time I rowed to an island in Alola and had a neat time there.

Pikachu: Pika chu! [interjects]

Ash: Oh, sorry. Except for one part. But we did find our way from there too.

Me: So, you know what you're talking about. You go places, meet Pokémon, catch them, then succeed, and that's over all the challenges. That's an impressive thing of finding your way.

Ash: But you do the same when you don't have me doing it.

Me: True, but my career isn't as impressive as yours.

Ash: I see things that I'm still impressed at. You've been able to succeed in Pokémon in some ways. That tells me that you've found your way too.

Me: I guess. Especially since it has worked out well in many ways. That's hard to deny.

Ash: So you see that.

Pikachu: Pi pika pika. ["Have spirit."]

Me: That's pretty much always the deal.

Ash: OK, so, uh, I think I know why you're bringing up this topic. It's something that I saw around one and a half years ago, and you're trying to "find your way".

Me: Yes, it's exactly that. It's a little easier because I've been expecting it, but it's also a little harder because... it always is. And recently I've found one issue after another.

Ash: From what I can see, once you've found your way from this, then you've found your way. So keep that in mind.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Yes!"]

Me: Sure. And perhaps after that, then we can find the way that becomes clear for everyone.

Ash: You bet! Now go find your way.

Two years ago: To See and See Not

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.