Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Time for Everything

This post concerns a lot of things that currently go on in my life, including but not limited to Pokémon. For that, I pose the question: "Do you have the time?" The answer might seem obvious, but I want to flesh things out in more detail before I give the answer. And...

Ash: Hey, didn't you say there would be something for me to go to today?

Me: There was, but now there isn't. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Ash: Aw! I was hoping to sing a bit today.

Pikachu: Pika! [irked]

Me: I know it's kind of sudden, but things suddenly fell apart at the worst time possible, and not on our behalf. We can't really do anything about it.

Ash: OK. I guess it wasn't our time today.

Me: Yeah. But in lieu of that, I've scheduled a little something special. It was going to happen whether or not that something happened. You should enjoy this one.

Ash: Oh, it's with a few of your friends?

Me: It is. I'll discuss it further after it happens. So, how was it?

Ash: Hey, it was fun! I was being recorded as I talked for you, but it didn't feel like a show. It almost felt like we were just talking to your friends about your things.

Me: Yeah, it must be, isn't it? Did you give them the scoop?

Ash: Yeah! I talked a lot about what Pokémon means for you with what you do.

Pikachu: Pi! Pika! [supportive]

Me: That's good. I'll save the details when I can discuss it on this blog later. Believe me, it's important. It's a good thing there was still time for this.

Ash: By the way, don't you think you need to be making time to... make way to a new place? That's what you're doing now, right?

Me: Yes, I do. But there's a lot of stuff to go through, and apart from that, things have to go on as they normally do. It might be the hardest thing ever.

Ash: But it's going to happen, right?

Pikachu: Pika pika? [slightly worried]

Me: It has to. So to answer the question that I posed at the beginning, yes, I have the time. And I also make it, which is an even more important thing. I'm sure there is still time.

One year ago: Online Pokémon Newsletters
Two years ago: Sprites, Models, and Evolutions

1 comment:

  1. The subtlety in this is absolutely amazing. Especially in the last section.

    ReplyDelete

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.