Monday, July 22, 2019

Pokémon Go Community Day, 7/21/2019

I experienced yesterday's Pokémon Go Community Day in a way that was as different as it was alike a previous Community Day that was held one year ago. So that of course means that the game event coincided with yesterday's theme event. For that...

Ash: So what's up with the Mudkip thing?

Me: I wanted you to catch a whole lot of Mudkip so that you could have a chance to find the Shiny ones, and then to evolve a few of them all the way to Swampert to have one with Hydro Cannon. There was a huge experience boost here, but it doesn't matter too much since I've already maxed out experience. Lure Modules also last three hours, so that should have helped you in doing that.

Ash: Yeah! I did just as you told me to do.

Me: OK, so how'd the Mudkip catching go?

Ash: I caught a lot, but it might not be as many as you hoped.

Me: Let me guess, it's because there were not many PokéStops, right?

Ash: That could be it. At the place of the event, there were only a few PokéStops, and they're a bit far. I put up a Lure Module to help out, but then it wasn't enough, so you suggested an Incense, and I lit one. But the Mudkip were still not many.

Me: I guess that means the place is just naturally somewhat lacking, but we couldn't do much because of the event. How many Shiny ones did you catch?

Ash: I only caught two, but both didn't seem too good. I made the best one evolve to Swampert just like you always do. And speaking of evolution, I evolved two more - one was your buddy, but one of them is a Marshtomp that you already got. Sorry.

Me: That's OK. I might be able to trade away that one for something good. Did anything else neat happen?

Ash: The Mudkip appeared from 4 in the afternoon to 7 in the evening. That's neat, huh?

Me: Should be. It's a good thing that it was delayed one hour than usual. At least that way everyone didn't suffer from the heat while catching a lot.

Ash: Oh yeah, I met a friend of yours and someone else doing the same thing, so we all caught Mudkip together. They did the same, putting up a Lure Module and lighting an Incense. We walked and walked, though sometimes we sat. But we all had a lot of fun.

Me: See, that's what Community Day is all about. It's about being together with people old and new while doing the same thing, in this case catching Mudkip. It speaks to how we love Pokémon.

Ash: Sure! I'd love to help out for you next time this happens, along with an event.

Me: I don't expect this to happen for some time, but this can and does happen just like in the past. If it does, then we just have to be ready for it. Just don't forget to have fun.

Ash: Yeah!

One year ago: Pokémon Style Figure Sun & Moon 2 - Mimikyu
Two years ago: Cosplay in a Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.