Monday, July 8, 2019

"I Could Tell You, But..."

"Now I could tell you... but I don't wanna. [laughter]"
One of the challenges I face in writing posts on this blog and communicating with others in general is saying what I really want to say. For me, that seems to be a formidable challenge, so formidable that it becomes depressing at times. And when that happens, I'm reminded of an instrumental musical piece entitled "If I Could Tell You" by Yanni. Yes, this is yet another Yanni post on this Pokémon blog. But it seems some things are meant to be.

The quote above is actually his in-jest remark on the song during one of his live performances. Despite the remark in jest, the piece actually has a sad history of its own. He said that several years ago he went through really hard times - times of being lost and times of being hurt. But then he also said that when he turned to (his) music, he found healing and hope, which resulted in the piece. Here, he also discussed what I discussed earlier about resilience. I find that the piece personally echoes much of the same sentiments, and it's something I turn to when I just can't tell about something.

In the same way, Pokémon would fit the bill for me. It's something I turn to when I seek healing and hope in other ways. I stimulate my mind by playing the games and move my soul by experiencing its stories in different ways. As much as I am inspired by it to be energized to face what I do, I find something soothing about it, and it becomes a way I find my way, in a manner of speaking. It becomes something good even when other things aren't, just like the music of Yanni for many people, myself included.

I'm writing about this because... I've gotten back from a concert of his, the planned one that was supposed to happen eight months ago. That concert happened last Saturday night, but I didn't post about it then, owing to a scheduled anniversary post. This also meant that I had to get back pronto in order to do what I needed for Sunday's theme event. This is the Part 1 to the Part 2 I mentioned there, as well as the one exception for "traveling really far away" I mentioned after a calamity. So the concert finally happened, which was a wonderful thing for me, all the concert-goers, and even the big man himself. Don't believe me? Well, maybe someone dear to me might help:

(Picture realized with my assistance.)

[AshKetchumMode]
Hey, the concert was fun! I didn't think it could get exciting, but it did. Sure, it was mellow most of the time, but sometimes everyone really got into it and clapped along and stood up. I had to get in on the fun too. I can see why my friend was really waiting for this one - everything looks great and sounds great! I want my friend to go to this one again if it ever comes back, and I'll support it!
[/AshKetchumMode]

That pretty much sums it up. I might still have problems saying what I want to say - even for this very post - but a little hope from some of the most wonderful music in this world by Yanni helps somewhat. That also applies for the big world of Pokémon and everything related to it.

One year ago: Pokémon Go Community Day, 7/8/2018
Two years ago: Pursuing Shiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.