Thursday, July 11, 2019

A T-Shirt for One's Journey

It's been a few days since I've discussed about my Pokémon splurge, and I have not detailed all the items from that splurge. This is therefore a good time to do so. Readers of this blog and Pokémon fans in general will recall that late in May, a certain T-shirt contest became hot, perhaps a bit too "hot" for some people. Despite the "heat", there were some good things to be taken from it. I reaped one of those good things during the splurge; in other words, I bought one of the T-shirts. It's the controversial yet excellent thing that I hinted about.


The T-shirt that I bought is with the "Journey Essentials" design by Nimbus, as I've detailed in the second of the two aforementioned posts above. The artistic arrangement of Red's items is evident: there is his upper attire, as well as items such as fishing rods, the Town Map, and the Poké Flute, and even his green bike. Though the personage of Red is nowhere to be found, it is very much perceptible through his belongings that are present. It almost makes me want to gather them all for the next time I decide to invoke his cosplay again. The shirt itself seems to be durable, which is practically required and is a big plus.

At the time I obtained this shirt, this was one of the four designs for men left on a rack, while there were still eight kinds of designs for women. (I didn't check for designs for kids due to being short on time.) The women's designs were neat, but I didn't want to become suspected, so it was on to the men's designs. Of these, most were of S or M size, and only this design had the L size remaining. A courteous attendant suggested that I go with the L size, and so I did. It was fortunate that it was for this design, one of the ones that I desired.

Anyone who purchased any of these Pokémon shirts also received a tote bag - the bonus - which can be seen to the right. Because of that, the tote bag also deserves to be discussed alongside. The tote bag has a lot of red, white, and black, all of them being the colors of a Poké Ball. Its front, visible here, has the photo of a Poké Ball, while its back is a monochromatic design with all the common kinds of Poké Balls. Not to forget, the Pokémon logo and UTGP wordmark is present all over. It is, on the whole, a neatly designed bag.

The fact that the designs have persisted to the point that some of them were unavailable when I tried to find them must mean that the T-shirt contest is wonderful, even if it left something to be desired for some. I stated that even I would like to get a piece of the action, and I did, choosing one of the designs as part of a well-timed Pokémon splurge. However it's regarded, good things still remain from the contest, and now I have something that may just be representative of the journey ahead.

One year ago: The Wonders of Weather in Go
Two years ago: Going Back to the NDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.