Thursday, July 25, 2019

Pokémon for Print Projects

If you don't know me by now, I'm a huge Pokémon fan. That means I'd like to have or include Pokémon on many things, including certain print projects. Those projects would involve things like calendars, invitations, labels, and so on, and they would be customized to my needs. It's part of the greater world of desktop publishing, where one creates these projects ("publications") with one's own tools instead of having professionals create them. It's a neat thing indeed, especially if one has the tools and skills for that.

Back when I was younger, I possessed one of these tools, in the form of a "print studio" software; however, it wasn't for Pokémon, and back when I first used it, Pokémon didn't exist. The software did leave an impression on me, though, even after I became a Pokémon fan. And when I did, I became aware of another tool, this time called Pokémon Project Studio, which is essentially the software to do so, but with Pokémon. Back then I wasn't able to procure the tool for my own use, but the tool seems to be present through other avenues. I will certainly obtain it and then use it for this end.

Even without a tool such as that, it may still be possible to create publications through other means. A ready supply of Pokémon graphics may be edited for possible use with other desktop publishing software, and then the software may be used to create Pokémon-influenced publications. Of course, for this end, one has to have a good grasp of graphics editing in addition to a grasp of desktop publishing. I personally am sufficient for both of these, but other people may not, and thus the existence of something such as the Project Studio may still be warranted.

I'm certain that there will always be some print projects or publications that I have to create in order to support all the good things in my life. It would do some good for me to create them myself rather than to depend on professional creations, especially if I can then customize them. It would be even better still if I can include Pokémon in or with them. In that way, I would be able to honor all that has transpired with it and show that I'm a fan at heart.

One year ago: World of Pokémon... Media
Two years ago: Videophones and Pokémon, Then and Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.