Saturday, July 31, 2021

The State of Nominations, Part 11

With all my current businesses, a lot of things become puzzling, and perhaps the most puzzling thing would be the nomination of PokéStops in Pokémon Go. It is puzzling in the planning and execution process (but not in the know-how), and the results can be quite puzzling as well. And since it's been two months, once again it becomes time to update how my progression is continuing for that, as well as the challenges - the puzzling things - that I face in that progression.

One very good news is that the number of approved nominations have gone up considerably to 61 approved nominations, an increase of 8 from the previous 53. Currently, 10 nominations are progressing, comprising 7 brand-new and 3 renominations. Superseded nominations remain at 11, but sadly, rejected nominations have increased to 27 from 26. The progress seems to be great, but behind all the greatness, there are the puzzling things that really affect the progression.

In the planning and execution process, I've ran into the barriers of being tasked to do other things and worsening conditions, which have made the mass nominations that I had earlier planned to be infeasible, and now I find myself juggling the process when it becomes necessary for me to go outside for some reason. In the results, I'm facing "wild" rejections with a few more rather illogical reasons, and a few of my fellow Trainers share the same sentiments about those reasons. They're active in nominations as well in different areas, and we've recognized the oddities that are present in the rejections.

Those mass nominations are not likely to be made unless conditions improve, which looks rather dicey even in the next two months. Yet if the opportunity arises, it may be worth the while. In the meantime, with a possibly increasing list of rejections, it may be deserving to try to renominate at least a few of these rejected nominations, for the ones that make the most sense, to trim down the list. I'm inspired by one of my recent approved nominations, which was actually once rejected a long time ago but was renominated and finally approved. The hope is that there could be a few more of these.

By my gaming background, I actually like solving puzzles and feel rewarded for doing so. The matter of PokéStop nominations in Pokémon Go becoming a puzzling one is therefore something to solve, especially with current conditions. If the planning and execution can be put together well - in essence solving the puzzle - the results should be no more puzzling than the planning or execution that goes into nominations, and rewards are expected to be reaped within this time and the next.

Two years ago: Mythical Numbers?
Three years ago: To Watch a Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.