Friday, April 22, 2022

Let's Talk About The Ways of People and Pokémon

Me: It's another month, so I figure another edition of "Let's Talk" is in order. Incidentally, even when it's not gnarly out there, we're in the time of year where not much happens, so consider it a "rest", so to speak.

Ash: Yeah! But I know you've been able to send me places in the past, so we're still active in some ways.

Goh: We all need a break every now and then, so it's kind of nice that it happens.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["It should be nice."]

Me: People also tend to be nicer around this time, so that's a good thing too. It's also something that I think we should discuss - how people and Pokémon are, and how they change over time. 

Ash: I guess it's time for that story again.

Me: It's hard to avoid talking about Charmander as it became a Charizard, and there's a great deal of dynamics there, but at least we don't have to talk about it too much. We now have Goh, and some comparable experiences.

Goh: I guess I know - you're talking about Raboot and Drizzile. I've had my moments with those two as they evolved from who they were before, so the same must have happened with Charmeleon, yes?

Ash: Yeah... that.

Pikachu: Pika chu... ["Precisely..."]

Me: The takeaway from all of these experiences is that evolution changes things, and I'm sure of that. But then, like Charizard, Pokémon can change even just as they are.

Ash: Riolu did too, and that shaped it up for when it became Lucario.

Goh: Same thing for Raboot to Cinderace.

Me: And of course, we can't forget Pikachu. You changed so much and so quickly in the beginning that it's hard to believe you were what you were.

Pikachu: Pi, pika chu pika! ["I changed too!"]

Ash: You're absolutely right!

Me: And I suppose we all changed somehow from the past to the present.

Ash: Well, yeah. I guess you can't believe all the things that I did way back when I started my journey. And now I have a really big goal.

Goh: And so many things changed from that time out to today - even my goal changed a little, yet it's still much the same.

Me: With all the things that happened with Pokémon, I can also say that I've changed quite a bit as I discuss about them on my blog. I have an idea of how to close up our discussion: Ash, you say something about change for Pokémon, and Goh, you say something about change for people, then I'll follow that with my comments.

Ash: Let's see... Pokémon change, by themselves or evolution.

Goh: People change, hopefully always for the better.

Me: OK. Life continues in its revolution, and we'll always have Pokémon, no matter the weather.

Goh: That has a nice ring to it!

Ash: I like the sound of that!

Me: It's as if I had planned it.

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Nice one!"]

Two years ago: Reading the Signs
Three years ago: PokéMania and WhatMania
Five years ago: Costume Issues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.