Saturday, April 16, 2022

My Current Holowear of Interest

I've brought up one of the most fascinating aspects (if not the most) about Pokémon Unite from time to time, and that would be Holowear, which is the game's analogue of "skins" in other games of the genre. I have to admit that the aspect isn't something I'm too concerned with, if an earlier post hasn't already hinted as such, though it's still nice to have them in some cases. That said, I'm still slightly fascinated and interested by some of the Holowear I don't have, and I'd like to discuss a few of them.

Some Holowear are madly expensive, costing great amounts of Aeos Gems and thus money, but they still look neat. Ruins Style Lucario, Sacred Style Blissey, and Power Plant Style Zeraora are among some of the priciest Holowear in the Zirco Trading shop, but they're also ones that I consider not only neat but also appropriate. The first befits its "jackal" heritage, the second aligns with its "purity" aspect, and the third is just symbolic of "power". I'm likely not to spend Gems (and thus money) on any of these, but they're still nice to dream to have, especially if I were to somehow obtain them.

As I'm not (yet) about to spend money on Gems for Holowear, the best alternative option that I have, aside from getting "freebies", is to exchange Holowear Tickets in the same shop. Of these, I'm interested in Fashionable Style Absol, Star Cloak Style Decidueye, and Bonfire Style Talonflame for their reasonable price and sharp looks, which apply for all three. And I would get them now, as I do have enough Tickets for them... but the problem now is that I have none of the Unite Licenses for the Pokémon above, and I can't spend Tickets unless I have the Unite Licenses for the Pokémon. This may be a prompt to expand my skill set and get something that looks nice along with that.

Unfortunately, some Holowear presently cannot be obtained, because they've either been "taken off the market" or are part of an event or Battle Pass that I missed. These include Hip-Hop Style Pikachu, Captain Style Cinderace, and Cake Style Crustle, three of which I consider among the neatest of the Holowear that are currently unavailable for some reason. For these and others, there is really not much that can be done except to wait until the Holowear get revived somehow, including being "put on the market" again; if that were to happen, it may be time to obtain them at the earliest opportunity.

However one plays Pokémon Unite, eventually one would be compelled to have and use Holowear in order to look good, whether as "freebies" or by taking the purchase "leap". Among those might be Holowear that look sleek and/or are convenient to have, and they would be the Holowear of interest, as with the ones I've mentioned and detailed above. In any case, it looks like it could be a matter of time before I finally obtain any of them, but it may just still be acceptable to have at least some interest.

Two years ago: Fanboys and Fangirls
Five years ago: Dialectics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.