Monday, February 1, 2021

In Search of Friends or Accounts

One of the most currently demanding things about Pokémon Go is the management of friends through its system. It can be a fun yet troublesome thing to deal with. Apparently, there is yet another troublesome issue: that of Trainers who are searching for "accounts" instead of "friends" through the system. This issue is one that I've had to deal with at times to the point of affecting my friendship relationships. Because of its gravity of associated problems, I've chosen to discuss this issue in a post of its own.

Perhaps it is best to start with what I consider the "bleak" side of things, that of Trainers looking for "accounts". Their goal is to have friends not for the sake of being "friends" (trade partner, raid helper, Gift giver, and so on). One of their likely goals is to gain XP through the system up until the Best Friend level, and sooner or later after that has occurred, the bond is then broken. Another possibility is that they not only manage their own accounts, but also help out others in certain ways, and when that happens, accounts of other people may be relegated to only be bonded with others for the sole purpose of assistance.

I've had both of the above cases happen. For the former, it has happened at least twice with Best Friends who no longer feel they have any use for me, and I was cut off without warning in both cases, and I still feel that I was robbed of their assistance even today; for the latter, it has happened with a Best Friend who likely feels that I'm better off bonded with another Best Friend who is sometimes assisted by that other friend, leaving me helpless if my Best Friend isn't being assisted. In all cases, it's clear they were considering all other aspects than the friendship bond, and therefore they're looking for "accounts".

As for Trainers looking for "friends", that becomes rather obvious. They're willing to do all the things that friends can do as above, to go through the system of friend progressions no matter how and what, and after reaching the Best Friend level, to stay as such to still be able to do everything. And if they for some reason are unable to continue at any of these points, then it would be possible to amicably separate with understanding. All of these would be something difficult to do, but they are all still quite possible regardless of distance and communication.

This is, in fact, what I've been able to do with one of my Best Friends ever since the beginning with that friend, and it has been quite worthwhile. While I haven't had a case of amicable separation as the above, I've had a few cases of forced separation due to certain circumstances, though I tried to make them as amicable as possible. In my particular case, given my side of things and others' side of things, it could be seemingly difficult, but I am sure that everything can work out well. For all the Best Friends (or any friend) that I have, I want things to continue to work out.

The friendship system of Pokémon Go can have its demanding moments, and the issue I've illustrated above is particularly demanding based on the severity of the issue. I personally would prefer that most Trainers of Pokémon Go to be searching for "friends" like me, but this isn't a perfect world, and there will always be those that are searching for "accounts". In that regard, there will always be problems as the progressions of friendship continue, but hopefully just as many ways to resolve them.

Two years ago: Wrap the Light Fantastic
Three years ago: The Workings of Raids
Four years ago: Poké Ball Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.