Friday, April 7, 2023

Quickies: Pokémon in My Countryside

My home town - the place I presently call home - is a great town in many ways, as I've addressed once before; it's properly called a city, but I still think of it as a town. One thing that may affect that perception is the fact that it is also surrounded by a swath of countryside, as a lot of towns are. And with my inclinations and perceptions as a Pokémon fan, I feel that I might have seen Pokémon there, or I consider Pokémon to be present there. It's a fascinating imagination with certain nice elements.

Going out of town on one end takes one to the mountains, filled with vibrant apple orchards and other farms of certain botanical goods. Appletun and its kin would likely find a home there, as does the likes of the Bulbasaur species family. The Grass-type Pokémon aren't the only things being had, as Bug-type Pokémon like the Venonat family and Yanma can deal with the environment. And since it's the hardier mountains, the Rufflet family can be present to move things along in the environment as well. All told, that's a unique assortment of Pokémon that could be present there.

On the other end, there are plains and valleys for yet other farms as well as forests. The Exeggcute species family is a conceivable denizen of these parts, and the landscape might demand them to evolve differently in different parts. Weedle, Wurmple, and their evolved forms might be a more common sight both on land and in the sky. Sugarcane and rice are commonly found grown here, so that might demand Pidgey, Spearow, and others of their family to live off of what's being cultivated. The assortment of Pokémon that may be found here might be even more diverse.

If anything, that countryside is one that is fascinating for its diversity of habitats and thereby the Pokémon species that could potentially be found there. They would just be able to coexist with people and whatever else goes on in the respective environments. And all it takes to discover that is just a (relatively) short stroll toward either end of my home town. As a Pokémon fan, it brings me joy to know that I can stand to enjoy it and have a local, reflective vision of it where I am.

One year ago: The Silph Arena Factions Post-Season
Three years ago: Leaping off Ledges
Four years ago: Scat-Poké-Land
Five years ago: Let's Go Research
Six years ago: Caravansary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.