Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Cosplay: Pokémon Exhibition and TCG Regionals

Me: As expected, something did come up after all. Only it's not exactly "little" and it may turn out to be quite familiar.

Goh: Wow, a Pokémon exhibition! But judging by how you got Ash to go here, it must be nearer than the one from three months ago.

Me: It was, but at the same time, well...

Goh: It was within the "rest" thing we talked about.

Me: Yeah, so you get the point. And it is (or was) somewhat far away, so I was hesitant to send Ash.

Ash: Hey, but you got me there! And speedy too, in about an hour!

Pikachu: Pika pika chu! ["Very, very fast!"]

Me: It's amazing how that can happen. A few years ago, it would still have taken two hours at the minimum. Still, technically it's not new for us, as we did it once before in a slightly different way - but don't expect this way to be a regular thing.

Ash: I thought you'd say that.

Goh: OK, so this happened on...

Me: Sunday, the very last day. So this happened from Sunday last week to two days ago. Before that, I also sent you on a Regieleki agenda; I hope you got that.

Ash: I got two!

Me: Great, that's all we need at the moment. Then you went through the speedy transport to get there. How was it?

Ash: It felt like the faraway event moved closer! You could battle, watch, and shop just like I did there. But the skating rink wasn't there. 

Me: No, that's probably because it belongs to the venue rather than the event. But that seems nice.

Ash: I got there just in time to watch the Pikachu dance, the very last one.

Goh: Was it any different?

Ash: There was just five this time - but they seemed to be all over the place when they came.

Goh: You might say... It was chaotic?

Ash: I guess so!

Me: Who else did you meet?

Ash: I met your special friend and very important friend! I thought I wouldn't, but I guess things worked out.

Goh: Did you take a picture?

Ash: Yeah!


Me: So let me guess, our important friend took the picture with you and our special friend.

Ash: That's what happened!

Pikachu: Chu, pi pika. ["Nice, that was."]

Goh: So how did you two get a picture with Pikachu, the big ones?

Ash: People lined up after the dance for that. It was the same as three months ago. Our friend and I just happened to get the last place in the line, so we just took one together.

Goh: I can see how that works out.

Me: OK, so part of the point of this event was to act as a regional championship for the Trainers who deal with the cards, so there had to have been something for that.

Ash: They had something to try out the cards just like last time... but I think the lessons would have been the same.

Goh: I would think so, if the process for that was exactly the same.

Me: I got a report from a different friend, and it seems that was the case. So you probably did not miss much.

Goh: But where was the championship, then?

Ash: It was a few floors upstairs, and it was over by the time I got to check.

Me: Sorry about that. If Regieleki had been earlier, you might have been able to peek because you'd also have arrived somewhat earlier.

Goh: Well, what can we do if that happens.

Me: It was already scheduled, so not much. Speaking of, I couldn't spare much for you to get goodies, so I have to apologize for that.

Ash: That's OK! I got you something neat and free.

Me: Nice - I'll deal with that later, as always. So, it seems safe to say that you had some fun, and that means I had some fun.

Ash: I want to come back next time! Maybe... not during a big "rest"?

Pikachu: Pika chu? ["Can that work?"]

Me: Hopefully, but if this situation happens again, we might have to make do like this time.

Goh: Why not? Now you know you can make it work with Ash.

Me: You have a point. In any case, Pokémon works out for us and there's always a way to do that.

Ash: It's like in battle - when it goes wham, bam!

Me: That's an interesting way of putting things, especially for Pokémon things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.