Sunday, November 26, 2023

Cosplay: We Are More Project

Me: Surprise, surprise.

Goh: Oh, well, that rounds out the month, doesn't it?

Me: Why, yes it does. I don't expect anything on the remaining four days of the month, so we should be fine.

Ash: I guess I'm in! What's the deal?

Me: OK, so this is less of a pop culture festival and more of a creative festival; the title should already be obvious about its implications.

Ash: Well, Pikachu and I are always more than us put together.

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Certainly!"]

Ash: But I guess that's not what they're talking about.

Me: I have to say, this is a sponsored festival by a telecommunications company, so I guess it's about doing more with what they have for us.

Goh: Fair enough, I guess. So, our friend has Ash for...

Ash: Just the character parade! Right? You gave me my special journey outfit to wear.

Me: Right. They did advertise a singing competition, but it's more of a general one (not specifically Japanese songs), we don't have time to prepare, and... it's good anyway to take it easy.

Goh: Understandable. So how'd it go?

Ash: The festival started in the afternoon at 1, but the character parade wasn't until later at 3.

Goh: There must have been a lot of characters.

Ash: There were! I was number 49 and there was one more after me.

Goh: So, about 50. You had tough competition.

Me: Especially if they're not afraid to bring the big bucks for prizes, which this one should have, judging by the turnout.

Ash: After that, there was the singing competition.

Goh: How many participants did you see?

Ash: Just a few, but it seems there were more than 25.

Me: Boy, that's tough competition too. Aren't you glad this is a break week?

Ash: Well, I guess...

Pikachu: Pika. ["In a way."]

Me: We'll have you singing again some time else when we can work it out.

Goh: I guess the entertainment wasn't too varied.

Ash: No, just a band and singers. 

Me: A famous national singer was supposed to perform also, though. Did you catch a glimpse?

Ash: I did! He came up last. I just watched for a few minutes before I went back to you.

Me: Well, it's not something to worry about. I'm not terribly interested in the singer either.

Goh: I guess now we can discuss results, then.

Ash: You know what? I had an OK time on stage. It was a bit slippery for me.

Goh: That could've gone worse. But I'm sure how you did spoke for itself.

Ash: Only three winners. Every one of them was great. But I wasn't one of them.

Me: Figures. Were they of anyone we know?

Ash: All of them, actually - but only one we know well, and the rest not so well.

Me: Oh, that's nice. Anyway, at least today went well for the most part. Also, sorry if I was being a bit lethargic before I sent you.

Goh: Oh, did something happen to you again?

Pikachu: Pika chu? ["What now?"]

Me: It's not that bad, but it might have affected you a bit.

Ash: Don't worry about it! I got you covered... but I did miss out on a friend meet while doing that.

Me: Yeah, that happens. Whether or not that was a good thing, we may not need to know.

Goh: Hey, at least you two proved that you could do something more.

Ash: Like the title of the festival!

Pikachu: Pika chu pika? ["Isn't that nice?"]

Me: I suppose that is always expected, whether for this specific festival and beyond. 

Three years ago: Simply, Thanks
Six years ago: Popularity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.