Saturday, November 26, 2022

Cosplay: Loading Costume Party

Me: Sometimes the opportunity to send Ash comes at the strangest and (in)opportune times.

Goh: This does seem like it's sudden but interesting. I wonder how you caught wind of this event. 

Me: Well, I have my sources. But yeah, I'm up for it if Ash is up for it.

Ash: I'm up for it, sure!

Pikachu: Pi pika pika... ["I'll tag along..."]

Ash: Pikachu is interested too.

Me: OK, that settles it. Now, I heard that the setting for this one is not very typical. It's being held in-

Ash: A club! It reminds me of that one time.

Goh: Well, that is an unusual place for characters to gather.

Me: Hey, you know, at least this one doesn't take place late at night and into the morning - it's just for the afternoon and the evening, according to the schedule I got.

Ash: Phew! Good to know. So I guess you want me in the character parade.

Me: Of course.

Ash: I got in! Thanks.

Goh: It says here that there is a singing competition - did you get in that one too?

Ash: They said they couldn't take any more people.

Pikachu: Pika, pika chu. ["It was full."]

Me: I guess I'm to blame for this one. I just heard of the singing competition today, and if I heard about it sooner, I'd sign you up ahead of time.

Ash: That's OK - maybe next time. Maybe you're not feeling it anyway?

Me: Maybe so. So, according to the schedule, there's a certain group that takes up a lot of it. What can you tell me about that?

Ash: It seems to be a pop dance group. I guess it's just fine for me.

Me: They should have been entertaining for some people, but I guess if it works, it works.

Ash: I heard the singers in the competition, and some of them maybe... could use some help?

Me: I wish we could help them.

Goh: You could try that... with Ash, in the next competition?

Me: I guess we really need to sign up next time. Oh yes, this event is actually held by a group of people that I have an up and down relationship with, but that shouldn't matter.

Ash: No, it never did! Don't worry about it.

Goh: It sounds like you have a long history with them.

Me: And one part of that is here.

Goh: Like Ash said, don't worry about it. That was then, this is now.

Me: Yeah. You should have found their content amusing, though.

Ash: I did! I didn't mind.

Me: OK. So, after all that, there was the character parade. How was that?

Ash: I did just great! You sent me with the same outfit as you did to the convention - the new version of my new Kanto outfit - and I understand that's to make up for that.

Me: In a way, yes. But also because it was convenient for us both.

Ash: That's fine! I wouldn't want to trouble you.

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["Just fine!"]

Me: Anyway, what about the results?

Ash: Five characters won! But I wasn't one of them...

Goh: And this was out of...

Ash: Around 40.

Goh: Tough competition, I guess. 

Me: I wouldn't disagree. But you still had a good time, so that's what matters.

Ash: Yeah, I did! Maybe next time we can get something when it's not a strange time and it fits for us.

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["When it works."]

Goh: When you put it that way, it can come at any time.

Me: You never know what just might happen.

Two years ago: Simply, Thanks
Five years ago: Popularity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.