Sunday, November 27, 2022

Pokémon Loot from ChibiCon

It's been a week since a great convention - the first local attempt of such kind - took place. As Ash and I reported, I got some great things out of that convention, and they're necessarily Pokémon things as what I like and what I cover on this blog. This time, I got a variety of them, so I thought I'd collate them, much like an earlier convention loot post. And that should be the case anyway, since quite a few of these don't deserve long-winded explanations, which means it also makes sense to do that. That said, the current "loot" is quite fascinating.


The first and biggest item that I got is this "Creation Trio" poster. It also fits well with the theme of the event, with it being a "creators' market"; consequently, the word "creators" is emblazoned up top in Unown characters. The "Creation Trio" is certainly Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and in this poster, they are depicted in a stone fragment, with Giratina in the center. Here also, they are all in their Origin Form, for which the first two are recently known thanks to the Hisui region, and the last has been known almost for as long as the Sinnoh region is known. Stylistically, the choice to depict them all in a stone fragment is appropriate and nicely executed. In obtaining this, I also obtained a knockoff TCG card from the same booth, which is quite evident from the font choices. The people who managed this booth, which happened to be for all kinds of Pokémon goodies, do have quite the penchant for design.


Next, like last time, there are a variety of stickers. These were gotten from two different booths, and uniquely, I obtained a piece of the present of Pokémon with them, as the ninth-generation starters. The four on the left came from the same booth as the poster, and the Pokémon I selected were Pikachu (something old), Fuecoco (something new), Rowlet (something "borrowed", from the Alola region), and Oshawott (something blue). As for the five on the right, three are obviously the entire Gastly species family with Haunter and Gengar; I intended to obtain Fuecoco just to make things even out, but the people in the booth gave me Quaxly as an extra bonus. Regardless, these stickers are quite expressive, even with the comic style on the left and the impressionist style on the right.


One last item that I got is this Slowpoke cookie. Actually, this is not so much a "loot" but a "gift" by one of the booths, quite possibly to thank my cosplay "patronage". Not only that, it's fragile, perishable, and consumable, so I had to take a picture of this almost immediately and keep its memory fresh after consumption and before I review it. This is a shortbread-type cookie with an icing on top, with the latter obviously in the different colors of a Slowpoke; the shortbread is dry and crumbly while the icing is sweet, but both are quite pleasant. Customarily, I also ate the tail first, which is reputed to be the part of a Slowpoke that some people seek. I would happily buy more of these cookies and consume them if I could.

Any convention I go to would be expected to have some sort of custom Pokémon goodies, but for this convention in the style of a "creators' market", it becomes almost a necessity. Thankfully, the booths I visited were in no short supply of them, and all of them did a great job in furnishing the goodies with remarkable designs. I'm only happy to take up as much as I can to serve as the "loot" from this convention.

Two years ago: Go Onwards to Home
Four years ago: Poké-Pareidolia
Five years ago: The Pacing of Types

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.