Sunday, November 6, 2022

Cosplay: 5USUME! Spirit of the Winter - JMS 5th Anniversary

Me: And now we have something quite different.

Goh: Oh, it's an anniversary event?

Me: Yeah. Some communities where I am - or even farther away - hold special anniversary celebrations to make things lively, and this is one of them.

Ash: I remember the ones you sent me to, but this is... different?

Me: Oh, this one, I kept meaning to send you, Ash, but something always came up - conflict with another event, urgent things, and even my conditions. In fact... I'm actually feeling a little lethargic right now - it must have been something I ate. So you'll have to take it easy.

Goh: I feel for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Pikachu: Pika? Pika chu. ["You OK? Take care."]

Ash: OK, so I got to the place, and it turns out to be the same as other events you sent me to. And there were LOTS of people waiting to go in. I got a bit nervous.

Goh: How could you not? If it's like before, then it would make anyone nervous.

Ash: Everyone inside the event area was packed, and they even had to tell people to stand up so others can go in. And outside...

Goh: It was just like a sea of people.

Me: That's a problem with events being that popular. Things like this always need a bigger space than you'd think you need.

Ash: I agree!

Me: Now, I have to say, I did originally plan to have you in the singing competition and the character parade, but the former closed before I could get you in, and the latter... well, you should be OK without it, to take it easy. In the end, stuff worked out, only in a different way.

Ash: I understand.

Pikachu: Pika. ["Understood."]

Me: You should have been able to meet a lot of people that know us.

Ash: I did! It was still fun to meet them even if it's just to chat with them.

Me: That's good. If nothing else, that's the purpose of these events or conventions. Overall, though, what did you think?

Ash: The food looks nice and the merchandise looks great! But yeah, the crowd didn't make it as much fun.

Me: Well, yes. And next time, we have to get you in the competitions to make up for this one.

Ash: Got it!

Goh: And maybe next time the crowds could be a lot more friendly.

Ash: You bet!

Pikachu: Pika chu, pika! ["Let's go at it, next time!"]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.