Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Pikachu and Togekiss Mini Figures on the Cheap

I seem to have not been "on the ball" recently when it comes to reviewing Pokémon things I picked up, specifically from events or conventions. There was the mixed bag of "loot" that was picked up from a convention early last month, and now there are these mini Pokémon figures. These came from a certain convention that is now four months old, which by now is quite a long time; I had not unpacked the objects from my bag since that time and had only done so recently while preparing for a different event. Upon discovery of them, I knew I just had to make the review, and here it is, a few months delayed.


These two mini figures, of Pikachu and Togekiss, came from a single booth that set up a display of collectibles that were also for sale, and one of those is the mini Pokémon figures that include these. I say that I got these figures on the cheap because that is exactly what happened; the value of these figures is very cheap - in terms of the USD, they don't even amount to 1. That is how cheap they are, and that does imply many things, including their origins and quality. For the former, it may be that these figures are excesses, rejects, or both, while for the latter, it may be that they are subpar. At least, they are suggestions.

Yet those do not show themselves with the figures that I obtained. The coloration on them is very good except for a couple of off spots and that the Togekiss is a little dark on the body. If I had the tools, I would touch them up slightly to make them more perfect, but I'm content with how they are even without touching them up to fix their imperfections. A friend - necessarily a Pokémon fan as well - who I had invited back then to take a look at the stand would agree, as that friend also picked up a couple of other Pokémon figures for pretty much the same prices that I got them for, and that should be a testament for them.

After a few months sitting where I had packed them in that bag, these figures should rightfully get their review, and now has to be the time for that. I may not know exactly where the figures actually came from nor the state that they belong to, as does my Pokémon friend with the respective figures that were obtained, but we can safely say that we'll take them even in their current state and at the prices we got them for. It is true that there are imperfections, but that should be rightfully the least of our worries; the worry should be if we had missed the deal, which we didn't - and that's at least something "on the ball".

Four years ago: Balance of Topics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.