Saturday, November 6, 2021

Quickies: Yawning Away Matters

Lately, I've been yawning quite a lot, sometimes a few times in a row. It also doesn't help that I've also been dealing with a few issues or matters, whether of my own or others. It's been said that yawning is a way to relieve bodily stress, specifically body temperature; its contagious effect has also been said to have the possible effect of keeping others alert, meaning that it also has the effect of keeping away fatigue to a certain capacity. Therefore, it could be said that my recent yawning stretches have been to keep away some internal matters with me as well as the external matters outside of me.

Certainly, yawning has as much to do with Pokémon just as much as it has to do with my life and the rest of real life. Yawn is the move that triggers a state of "drowsiness" and eventually sleep in the Pokémon games where sleep is a status of concern. It may become a way for the user to keep away things that the opponent can possibly inflict, at least temporarily, as well as to keep the user itself alert for that moment the opponent is drowsy before falling asleep. While it could be true that the circumstances for the move might be fairly limited, at least the move might still have its uses (or avoidance) in adventure.

I'm likely to continue my yawning stretches for a good bit of time as I continue to deal with the issues or matters that need my attention. The latter of these, dealing with my progress on them, is important, but so seems the yawning stretches. Yet what I expect is to be able to remain on the side of the Yawn move that keeps me alert rather than leads me to drowsiness and eventually sleep. At the least, there is stress to be relieved inside in addition to the issues that are to be resolved outside. Perhaps after some significant progress and equally significant yawning, then I will have been able to yawn things away.

One year ago: The Flying Cup of GBL
Four years ago: Triplets and Pairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.