Saturday, November 13, 2021

Inspiration from Characters

Inspiration is a key part of my Pokémon experiences, if at least two other posts on this blog may indicate. It's what influences my experiences, which in turn might generate more inspiration. Recently, I was exposed to the theme for a particular commemoration to which I may have some connections, and the theme involves inspiration. I want to touch on that theme without discussing it directly as it strikes a chord with me and my Pokémon experiences, and thus, I want to take this post to do just that.

If the theme may be interpreted in a way, it would be that one can take inspiration from different characters. Those characters would likely be those that can perform or have performed valiant actions that make them as they are: major figures that then fulfill a role of providing inspiration to people who look up to, honor, and respect them. In real life, these figures or characters would typically be of certain roles of public service; I trust readers to know which ones because some of them are honored at around this time of year, especially some that may pertain to last year's post (see below). Yet there's a line of thinking that they're not the only ones that deserve honor, as people in other roles may be considered similarly worthy of honor. And that brings the discussion back to the certain characters that provide inspiration.

When it comes to characters, Pokémon has no shortage of them. There are protagonists, antagonists, and everyone or everything in between. Even the species themselves can be considered characters, especially once they are recognized for their human-like sentience in some very specific cases. I like certain Pokémon characters, and I can attest that some of my Pokémon friends like certain ones, which may or may not be the same, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that we look up to, honor, and respect them just like the same way we should ideally do so for the figures with the valiant actions as above, whoever and whichever those figures may be.

And in doing so, we gain inspiration from the figures and characters. Returning to one of my friends as an example, that friend of mine looks up to one Pokémon character whose positivity and wholesomeness casts away all other imperfections that the character may have and in return provide the inspiration for all things in life. I'd have to say that I would regard the same character in much the same way. For my other friends, the Pokémon characters would be absolutely different, but I'm sure that there are similar takeaways from the characters that they would then consider as their inspiration.

As for that theme of, I suppose it was totally valid that it was chosen for the commemoration this time around. Given my Pokémon experiences and that of others, I'd say that the theme is totally valid in the context of Pokémon as well. It's hard not to argue that inspiration is a key matter in creative and even experiential affairs, and I've found Pokémon to be full of that and a whole lot more, in characters and beyond.

One year ago: The Spirit of Brothers
Four years ago: Cosplay Assistants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.