Friday, November 19, 2021

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Unleashed

Every day is a great day for Pokémon, but today is an especially great day. That's because today is the day that the long-awaited and much-awaited "Sinnoh remakes" are released for the Nintendo Switch, as Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - in my parlance, of course, "unleashed". These two games have been anticipated plentifully by legions of Pokémon fans (including me to some extent) but the realization of what has been anticipated certainly comes on the day of its release, which would be today. And as with the (main series) games that have been released since I started this blog, I ought to cover release-day facets as well.

Despite the substantial amount of anticipating, there may be one thing that keeps at least some fans away from this game: competitive play has been stated to still remain on the Sword and Shield games, something that might affect those in the competitive scene. Regardless of this state of affairs, it may be that some will still get either or both of the games today and play through them for anything that may be of value in competitive play wherever that might take place. Real competitive play also more or less started out at the same time that the original games were released, so there is the nostalgia aspect to consider.

For content-oriented people, which includes the likes of me, the new games are important to be obtained. The Kyogre YouTube channel that I mentioned previously, for example, even took a break of a few days to prepare for content creation from the new games, though a Shiny hunt also commenced in the previous games while waiting. As for me, content from these games, more specifically Shining Pearl as my version of choice since I played the original Diamond, will have to wait until I can actually get my hands on the game and play it.

In the local scene, one of my main series fellows has gotten the game and even started a live stream on this very day, which is an amazing feat to be sure. It's one step beyond my covering of some relevant aspects of its release as with this post, but both are necessary in my view, so I still feel that I'm doing my part. The present objective of the person is the completion of the Pokédex, which is a lofty goal for any main series Pokémon game; it is certainly doable, and well wishes are deserved for such a goal, especially for it to happen in due time.

The days of anticipating the "Sinnoh remake" games have all passed with their eminent release on this very days. However, the days of journeying with and throughout the games have only just begun and will continue for what may be a good amount of time. After much of the anticipation of the return to Sinnoh, at the least today marks a great starting point for that, and there will be further great days beyond today for rediscovering what Sinnoh has to offer.

One year ago: Till Death Do Us Part
Two years ago: A Theme Event Dream
Three years ago: Fans of Fans
Four years ago: Cosplay: MINORI 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.