Sunday, November 12, 2023

Cosplay: Foodtopia Season 2

Me: Well, I said it was around the corner, didn't I?

Goh: Two days, two events. I should have known.

Ash: Yeah, it's a little tiring for me and Pikachu, but we've got to do it for our friend.

Pikachu: Pi pika chu. ["We're here for that."]

Me: Anyway, unlike yesterday where Ash was performing and judging, this time he's competing - in all the usual competitions, of course.

Ash: Character parade and singing! What do you have for me today?

Me: "Saikou Everyday!" It'll be the first competitive attempt for that. So that means...

Ash: My Sinnoh outfit. I'm ready for that.

Me: OK, so this one should be somewhat familiar. I sent Ash to the first edition of this food festival way back in May, half a year ago.

Goh: And... everything was exactly the same. Same place, same organizer, same competitions.

Ash: And the same crowds!

Goh: Well, what do you expect.

Ash: But there was something different - it was about to rain but it didn't, so everything went as planned.

Goh: That's a good thing. And then there were your performances.

Ash: I had a lot of fun for both! But... I almost messed up on some of the lyrics, and I almost went the wrong way out of the parade.

Goh: Maybe you got distracted a little.

Ash: A little. But otherwise it was so fun!

Me: Well, we need to hear the results anyway.

Ash: No win from the singing competition, 3 out of 20. And no win from the character parade, even with lots of prizes to go around.

Me: That said, I do somewhat regret sending you here. I should have sent you far away instead for one of three festivals... but then the results might not be that much different anyway, so we're right back where we started.

Goh: Are you trying to cut back?

Me: In a way, yes.

Ash: Don't worry about that! We'll always have your back. Somehow.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["Count on us."]

Me: That is very true. Still, I do believe that we're underappreciated, which has become my mission for all of us with these conventions and festivals. But this is starting to digress, so let's get back to the festival.

Goh: Anyhow, so... anything else that was different?

Ash: I think the food stands were a little different, but I couldn't check.

Goh: Maybe on stage - the entertainment?

Ash: Just dance groups and a singer. Very little besides the competitions.

Goh: After all that... nothing else?

Ash: Well, there's one thing.

Goh: Spill the Poké Beans.

Ash: A Shiny Charizard.

Me: You met a Shiny Charizard?!

Ash: The person who sent Shiny Charizard said he also sent it during the festival we missed to go see our friends.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. [imitates Charizard]

Goh: See, maybe it was a good thing that you did send Ash here.

Ash: I even got lots of photos taken! But... maybe it was the "Charizard effect"?

Me: This kind of thing happens all the time. I assume they were more interested in Charizard than they were about you, even if you two helped each other.

Goh: Hmm. I think now I see what you say. But this has got to be better than you imagined, just like when Ash met that Pokémon fan.

Me: In a way, again. So this was an OK day. Not too great, but not too bad either.

Ash: Yeah, I almost tripped and disagreed with someone on the way there.

Me: Um, sorry you had to go through that, even though that wasn't part of the festival. The next one has to be real good and much better.

Ash, Goh: That's the spirit!

Me: We'll take care of that while I take care of other (Pokémon) matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.