Sunday, May 7, 2023

Cosplay: Foodtopia Competitions

Me: All right, so we've had a "break" - if you can call it that way - so it's time to get back into the swing of things, starting with this one.

Ash: I'm ready when you are!

Pikachu: Pi pika chu! ["I'm ready!"]

Goh: So what's this one about? It looks like it's just the competition part that's the main thing for us.

Me: You might be right. I've done a little bit of research, and this is a food festival more so than a pop culture one. But I guess they know how popular characters and music are, especially from a certain part of the world, so that's why they put that in.

Ash: But hey, we get to eat and drink!

Me: That's a good perk - if we can make it work. We also have to make things work using your Kanto outfit for singing and the character parade, so...

Ash: "Mezase Pokémon Master"!

Me: Hey, you got this! It's a back-to-basics approach for us after the "break" and everything else.

Ash: I've got this!

Goh: By the way, where is this?

Me: It's in a mall, and you'd be surprised... because yes, they drafted the same organizer for Community Base Party for handling the competitions part.

Goh: Well, that could explain some things.

Me: Maybe so, but the only way to know is for Ash to help us find out. So... how are (or were) things?

Ash: All the food look great! I wish I could try them all.

Me: As always, though, we're limited by my budget and your room for movement. Speaking of which...

Goh: Same people, same place? Let me guess... crowded as usual.

Me: I'm told that the festival is actually ticketed and started on Friday, but somehow they negotiated for today to be ticketless as usual for the competitions.

Goh: Oh, that's interesting. But that means it's a crowd magnet. So in the end, you just got the usual.

Ash: Yeah, and the rain didn't help out. I think it's the first time they got fully rained on.

Pikachu: Pika, pi pika chu. ["Yeah, that happened."]

Goh: So what happened then?

Ash: We got moved inside for a bit - and I got to sing inside. After I sang, the rain let up and everyone moved back outside.

Goh: I wonder if this means you got lucky.

Me: Maybe, maybe not. But you should have gotten a pretty good reception, the way you are in my neck of the woods.

Ash: I did!

Me: Well, that's a good thing. That ought to be the case when you went up for the character parade.

Ash: Yeah! I think I got things down for you.

Goh: But what about the results?

Ash: I didn't make it for either, 3 out of 30 for the singing competition and 5 out of 50 for the character parade.

Me: Those are tough odds. But at least we got things going in this first time out after the break.

Ash: Yeah! Pikachu and I had fun.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Yeah!"]

Goh: I think that is a great thing, considering we just came from a break.

Me: I'd have to agree, because the effort for this was kind of meager but we still did something anyhow.

Ash: Let's go for it next time!

Me: You know what? I think that can just happen. Stay tuned, and good job for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.