Thursday, June 15, 2017

15th Feature Film Mini-Figures

When I walk into my room, just before I turn to my bed, I'm greeted by a set of mini-figures. These mini-figures are from the 15th Pokémon feature film, which in English is titled Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice. I have to confess that I haven't yet seen this film, but friends assure me that it is great. I will have to make some time to see this, but in the meantime I'm satisfied with looking at these figures.


The figures are composed of Pikachu, Piplup, Snivy, Oshawott, Meloetta-Aria, Meloetta-Pirouette, Keldeo, and Keldeo. Wait, two Keldeo? Yes - the figures came in a set, and the set happened to have two Keldeo. When I showed off the two Keldeo to one of my Pokéfriends some years ago and he was intrigued because of that fact. If the other Keldeo was of the Resolute Forme, it would be a different world. As for the figures themselves, another one of my Pokéfriends told me they're original figures, and that makes me happy to have them. I still have the wrappers for these figures in case I need them for some odd reason. In any case, they're well-crafted, plus they are cute and pleasing to look at.

If you'll notice, the figures are sitting on a mini table. That's not a wooden table; that's actually a papercraft table from the same place that I got all my papercraft figures. The table is meant to have Poké Doll models to be placed on top of it, so instead I've repurposed it to have these figures on top of it. The table is actually the second one I built, and for a good reason: the first one fell apart because the weight of the table, being made out of lighter paper, couldn't hold the weight of the figures, so I scrapped it. For the second build, I printed the parts on the heaviest art paper possible, and this time it works out pretty well and hasn't fallen apart since.

While I don't advocate quantity over quality, this is one instance where quantity and quality go together. I love having these eight figures as a set that go together with a theme (the feature film) and I especially enjoyed not having to hunt for each one individually. The only thing left is to watch that film. But as long as I have these figures, it's a perfect reminder of what I need to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.