Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
-- "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing", Aerosmith

Recently, I haven't been able to get back to watching the Pokémon anime due to other things taking up my time. So you can say I'm on a withdrawal right now. Even so, I'm interested to get back to watching as soon as possible, and that is where the memory of this song comes in. Forget about the end-of-the-world situation for which this song is often associated with; for me, the song always evokes Pokémon, or at least its anime adaptation.

This song to me speaks of the experiences I get when I watch the anime. There are happy times, sad times, pleasant times, unpleasant times, and times of just about any emotion that can be felt under a rainbow. They're all something that I feel as I watch certain episodes of the anime, and most of the time they're something to be cherished and experienced again and again, which ties into the "inescapableness" that the verses of the song suggest.

As for the chorus, it really does capture how I feel, in a way. When I'm not watching the anime, I long to watch it again. And occasionally I do imagine and dream about the anime, but the fantasy is not enough, resulting in a greater longing for the reality of it. The point is that the anime is something that I want to watch time and again since my feelings are carried away by it. It's truly something that I don't want to miss, at least before I have to.

Now I want to find that sliver of time when I can watch the Pokémon anime again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.