Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pokémon Exclusivity

I've just opened the drawer where I keep all my 3DS game cartridge cases and realized that all of the game cartridge cases are of Pokémon games. It seems that once again, cartridge-wise, I've become a Pokémon-exclusive player on my 3DS. This is not a bad thing if you're a big fan of Pokémon like me, but it does make it look like that is the only thing I play. The truth is, I'm interested in many games (with some reservations), but for the purposes of playing on my 3DS, I just focus on Pokémon rather than any other game.

As I've said, this Pokémon exclusivity is not limited to my time with the 3DS, but has also occurred several times in the past. On the Game Boy, I wasn't Pokémon-exclusive; there were many games I played other than and prior to knowing Pokémon, though once I knew, I did spent most of my time on Pokémon. On the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, I was Pokémon-exclusive, as I only had cartridges for Pokémon games, much as I do now. On the DS, I wasn't Pokémon-exclusive, as I played many games in addition to Pokémon. Whether I was or was not exclusive seemed to depend on the situation.

As for the current situation, the current prospect is that save for the situational mini-games outside of the Pokémon games, I foresee still being a Pokémon-exclusive player as these games are the only ones I can muster up to get at the moment. As well, I (always) have some unfinished business with these games, which becomes all the more reason to stay Pokémon-exclusive. If the situation and time warrants it, then I wouldn't hesitate to get and play a few other games which I have desired to play. Otherwise, only Pokémon games remain on the table.

It is natural for any major Pokémon fan to get as many Pokémon games as possible and play them, so it is welcome for them to stay playing those games. But at the same time it is foreseeable that many Pokémon fans are also fans of other games, so they're as welcome to branch out to those other games. In the end, though, everything is situational, and any player is welcome to do what is appropriate with their state of conditions. And for me, that would be to continue delving into Pokémon games at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.