Saturday, March 12, 2022

Let's Talk About Challenges in Connecting

Me: These "Let's Talk" editions are becoming predictable in a certain way, but that's not quite what I want to talk about.

Goh: What do you want to talk about, then?

Me: I want to talk about some of the challenges we face in connecting with each other, particularly through our devices and the big "network in the air".

Ash: Oh, like with our Rotom Phones!

Pikachu: Pi-kachu! ["Like that!"]

Me: Exactly. Mine doesn't have the advanced capability of a Rotom inside it, but it's still just as advanced.

Goh: But I think you still can have problems, like those times when I can't call Ash, or he doesn't respond.

Ash: Sorry about that - things can get so wild sometimes that I just couldn't respond.

Goh: Hmm...

Ash: But when it's the connection that's the problem, that's the hard thing.

Me: I'd have to agree. That doesn't happen often for me, for which I'm fortunate, but it has to be frustrating when it happens.

Ash: But you don't seem to be outside a lot. You do many things inside, like for what you really need to do.

Me: Correct. I'm more like Crissa and Ren, as the assistants of Professor Cerise. I do most of what I need to do inside on a computer, and I often need a connection that stays put.

Goh: That doesn't look like the case when I see you do things. You seem to use your phone with your computer.

Pikachu: Pi, ka... ["Curious..."]

Me: It's a bit of technological magic. I can connect my phone to my computer and they both can be connected. But because the connection is my phone, well... you know.

Goh: One has problems when the other has problems.

Me: Right. And it's better to let my phone be free rather than have it do a lot more connecting work than it should.

Ash: I thought you had gotten something like where you were before, after you went to a new place.

Me: I thought I could, but it never seemed to be clear. If you look around, where I am is like the "middle of nowhere" even though it's close to some things.

Goh: I can see that. Oh hey, here comes a few people, and it looks like they want to get you connected.

Me: What do you know - they can!

Ash: Awesome - now you're free, and your phone's free too!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Nice!"]

Me: All right, so that's a done deal. Still, there can be other challenges in connecting, and one of them is a little abstract. It's a challenge that I feel I can take on, and it has been so since a few months ago, though there hasn't been progress - "no connection" - since.

Goh: What's it about?

Me: It's about finding my inner voice and making it harmonize; Ash should know.

Ash: Oh, I think I do. It might be about finding reasons to sing...

Me: Patience - hopefully all can be revealed whenever that happens. And the new connection above ought to help with this old "connection". You know what? Going back to the beginning, though, I guess that predictable thing can be tied to a "connection" too.

Ash: Could it be a challenge too?

Me: You bet, in this case being a challenge to connect with communities and a whole lot of Pokémon, and that seems to tie into our talks before or after them.

Goh: Does it involve catching the Pokémon?

Me: What else - if that's not a challenge to connect in itself, then what is.

Ash, Goh: It sounds like fun!

Me: Indeed.

Pikachu: Pi, pika chu! ["That's for sure!"]

Three years ago: Beta Testing
Four years ago: Taking the Go Train

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.