Friday, June 23, 2023

Cosplay: Indonesia Comic Con - Pop Asia 2023, Day 1

Me: Congratulations, we've just stumbled onto "the big one".

Goh: Whoa!! This must mean another trip for you and Ash.

Ash: Yeah!

Pikachu: Pi pika! ["All right!"]

Me: OK, without further ado, this is the biggest convention on "this side of the pond" in years, and I've decided to send Ash to it.

Goh: You say "this side", so I did look, and it would be hard for you to go to the Comic Con on the other side. So I believe you.

Me: You get what I mean.

Goh: If you went all-out for this one, you must have a reason.

Me: Yes! Normally, I don't have many reasons to send Ash to here. But this year, there is effectively one, single, really big reason why I've taken the leap for this one.

Ash: It's got something to do with Pokémon! Doesn't it?

Me: Very much so. But you'll find out about it soon enough. Anyway, today I sent Ash with the "special journey" outfit. What happened there?

Ash: I got in in the middle of the day, after the artists got in first. But it's really big - it's like twice the size of a few weeks ago.

Goh: Why not? It is for as many people as possible. And... artists, huh. Who did you meet?

Ash: I met this person who I met a few years ago. He draws comics, and sometimes he puts in Pokémon too!

Goh: Wow! 

Ash: I even got to meet a DJ and artist my friend likes from other media!

Goh: That's spectacular!

Ash: And I got to meet another "legendary" character of our friend!

Goh: I just don't know what to say. You do know quite a bit of people!

Ash: I have to thank our friend for that.

Pikachu: Pi pika chu!! ["Thank you!!"]

Me: That's a lot of accomplishments for today - and we haven't even gotten to the main one I sent you for!

Goh: It's a great day already... but can it be greater?

Me: Indeed. Tell them how the structure of the convention looks like.

Ash: So there's a really big hall with all the booths and a mini stage - I think I'd call it the Ho-Oh stage - and there's a second big stage area, the Rayquaza stage, I'd call it.

Me: OK, so the former is where you met all those people. But the latter, that's where great artists and other people perform.

Ash: I saw talk shows in the day, so the performance has to be at night.

Me: Right you are, and you can't get in the night show without a special ticket. Fortunately, I've shelled out for that special ticket today so you can go and see it.

Ash: And that's why I'm here.

Me: Exactly. I hope you enjoyed.

Goh: So who is the special artist?

Ash: Want me to say?

Me: Go ahead.

Ash: RICA MATSUMOTO!!!

Pikachu: Pika!! ["Yeah!!"]

Goh: Oh! Oh! ... It's... "your soul"!

Me: Yes. She is indeed the artist who brings Ash to life in voice, at least on the Japanese side. So you know how much this means to me and Ash.

Ash: I'm honored!

Goh: What did she sing?

Ash: She sang "Best Wishes" and of course, "Mezase Pokémon Master"! But she also sang other songs.

Me: Nice! The Unova theme and the anthem of all Pokémon fans.

Ash: And it was her first time in my friend's country!

Me: Unbelievable, right? We can't miss this for the world. Who knows where she could be next and if we'll ever meet her.

Ash: She even mentioned me! I was standing in front and she saw me.

Goh: Amazing!

Me: That is really great! But above all, this should have been to your liking.

Ash: It. Was. AWESOME!

Pikachu: Pika!! ["Awesome!!"]

Me: I'm glad you enjoyed the performance.

Goh: By the way, were there any issues? For a convention this big, something has to come up eventually?

Ash: Oh, they almost mixed up my ticket for the night show and I almost couldn't get in. 

Me: It's a good thing they got it sorted out, otherwise they'd have to answer to me.

Goh: Phew! Crisis averted.

Me: I think this whole thing was a "crisis averted", if you ask me. I had a little thing going on before this.

Ash: You know what? That is great, and we (I) had a great day!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Great!"]

Me: And as you can tell, this isn't over yet, as this is Day 1. Tomorrow, there will be a Day 2.

Goh: Oh wow! I guess we all can't wait.

Me: Rest up, and get prepared for that.

Ash: Will do!

One year ago: 2000 Posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.