Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Keeping the Memory of Silph Arena (Factions)

Well, that crushing defeat that my Faction just had as its "last dance" in Silph Arena Factions is a bit depressing and something that I may not want to remember, at least for long stretches of time. As a matter of fact, this can also apply to some other things that had happened in the brief stint that my team had as part of this competition. Yet it also seems to be all fine and good to keep some of the memory of that time, no matter what had happened. Fortunately, that is happening or has happened in some ways, and it might as well be that way.

Faithful readers will note that during the Community Day meetup last Saturday, I wore a special jersey as my "Pokémon Outfit of the Day". That jersey is a specially commissioned jersey for the "SWEEP Family" by none other than my Faction's manager. It contains the senior team's logo ("Lord Bidoof") as well as the logos for Silph Arena Factions, Ostrich (the jersey maker), and Pokémon Go Indonesia - and yes, even the country's flag, my Trainer (nick)name, and position on the back side. So... while it does lend its own impressions, I also feel nervous wearing it for that reason, perhaps also by having ordered it in the first place.

Generic example of the jersey.

More to the point, this jersey has essentially become a "memorial jersey" for those who have ordered it, due to Silph Arena being about to close, which was unexpected at the time it was commissioned. This applies to those of the senior team (SWEEP ID) and the JR team. As to why this jersey wasn't of the JR team in the case of my teammates and me, my manager opted for a "united representation" instead. Still, there are talks that a "JR" version is about to be created, so I may want to invest in that version for purely the memorial aspect. But to be regarded almost on the same level as the senior team is also fine in its own right.

As for keeping the memory of other aspects, I have planned or am planning to save the complete web pages of certain aspects of Silph Arena (Factions included) that concern me personally. It's a bit of a standard practice for me to save things that concern my posterity, especially if they are related Pokémon and can only (formerly) be accessed by logging in, as is the case with things on the Silph Arena. So there is an imperative for that, and soon.

Not to forget, this blog will still be around for quite some time, and all of the completed Bouts involving my Faction are now preserved in memory as blog posts, which were created soon after their completion. That is a veritable archive if nothing else, in addition to all my thoughts about any particular facet of Silph Arena (Factions), which ought to remain pertinent for consideration in Pokémon Go PvP well after the closure of Silph Arena.

Despite some rough moments in my Factions career (as well as in Silph Arena in general), some things from both areas that involve me still deserve to be remembered. The good thing is that I am planning for this to happen, and other things facilitate for this to occur, even if they weren't specifically designed for that "memorial" purpose. Silph Arena may be about to close, but a part of it will always be open in my heart... and my mind; thus, it is certain that some memories will last, especially when assisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.