Sunday, July 21, 2024

Pokémon Go Community Day, 6/21/2024

Me: Um... Technically I didn't need to send Ash for this one, but...

Ash: You did! Thanks anyhow.

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Good stuff!"]

Goh: OK. so it's another edition of Community Day.

Me: Indeed it is. And I sent Ash with the Unova outfit, appropriately, because...

Goh: ...the featured Pokémon was from Unova, right?

Ash: Yeah! It was Tynamo.

Goh: Oh, the electric eels! It evolves to Eelektrik, then to Eelektross.

Me: Of course. And its special move today is Volt Switch, a Fast move in this case.

Goh: Great! Electric-type move for an Electric-type Pokémon.

Ash: That'll really help in battle.

Goh: Sure. But I guess so would the bonus(es) for this one.

Me: I've got that one: quartered hatch distance.

Ash: Lots of help for hatching Eggs.

Me: You also get some help with the usual Candy and Candy XL bonuses - oh, and you'll also be helping me out with a quadruple XP bonus.

Goh: Wow! That's unusual.

Me: It is, and that's because of a different happening - which I'll cover myself and later on.

Goh: I guess the rest would be the usual stuff, then.

Ash: Like the Shiny form - I noticed our friend didn't have any.

Me: Right, as this time it was its first time.

Goh: OK, so extended Lure Modules and Incense, surprise appearances from taking pictures, extra Eelektrik raids, and discounted trades plus more Special Trades should have been everything else - and then there's showcases, item bundles, and stickers.

Ash: Hey, I think I got them all.

Me: Don't forget the usual set of tasks.

Ash: Field ones from PS, special ones with Professor Willow, and...

Goh: There's something else?

Me: Well, in this case, you need a mediator to evolve Eelektrik to Eelektross, and that would be the Unova Stone item, which you would get from timed tasks.

Ash: That makes sense, just like a few times before.

Goh: OK, so we got all that. What happened?

Ash: You'd never believe it: our friend set me up to get my hair done on the way!

Pikachu: Pika chu, pi pika. ["Very nice, that."]

Me: Uh-huh. I thought I'd also get that done in one shot so I don't have to do it for you separately later on.

Ash: But then I almost missed the party that your group was holding.

Me: Sorry about that. I thought it was a little later on in the day. But at least you got there just in time.

Goh: A party? What was the occasion?

Me: Oh, it's an anniversary. But I might explain that later on and not at this time.

Ash: But it was a great party! I got stuffed before Community Day started.

Goh: That's nice. So how'd that go?

Ash: It was OK. The Tynamo were everywhere but sometimes hard to find.

Me: I regret that. Sometimes I have problems as well with this Pokémon.

Goh: I guess you couldn't find too many of the Shiny ones.

Ash: Nope, just three.

Goh: But you did get all the tasks from Professor Willow done, right?

Ash: Yeah - it was called "Watts Up" because Tynamo is an Electric-type Pokémon.

Goh: And you evolved...

Ash: Everything that our friend could need.

Me: Wonderful! Appreciated. Anything else?

Ash: I used up all three Special Trades for Necrozma with three of your friends - and I got a really good one.

Goh: Interesting. How about Tynamo appearing from pictures?

Ash: I just took one, so not much to deal with for that. But if you ask about group pictures...


Goh: That's a pretty nice group picture, and your Unova outfit blends in well with the blue shirt the others wore.

Pikachu: Pi pi pika... ["Looks really neat..."]

Me: I have to say, that's a special anniversary shirt they created, but I didn't order one because I was short on things and I needed them elsewhere.

Ash: I can understand.

Me: I guess you can say Tynamo electrified things a bit today.

Goh: Obviously though, you didn't want to touch the Pokémon, otherwise...

Ash: It'd be a pretty good (bad) jolt!

Me: Shh, we might not want to talk about that too much with Pikachu around.

Ash: Oh, yeah! Sorry.

Me: Anyway, there is (was) a tingle in the air with this Community Day and the anniversary, and that's great for all of us.

Goh: I wouldn't put it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.