Saturday, September 7, 2024

Cosplay: Small Business Showcase

Goh: Looks like another strange one for Ash.

Me: Well, it's not so strange for common people, but yes, the fact that it has characters could make some people wonder.

Ash: So... "Small Business Showcase". It's what it is. 

Pikachu: Pika chu pi pika. ["Obviously so."]

Me: A certain group of people I know well got drafted to fill a day of the week-long exhibition with a character competition, so that means bringing in a side of the pop culture we know so well from festivals and conventions. 

Goh: OK, so they want to draw people in.

Me: Essentially, even if it's just for an afternoon, and on a Saturday of all days.

Goh: And it's today. OK, there must have been lots of businesses on display.

Ash: A lot! A few art ones and a few food ones.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["Lots of both."]

Ash: I had a little taste at a food one, but I didn't buy anything.

Me: That's my call. I'm trying to hold back spending as much as possible.

Goh: Maybe next time you can do that.

Me: Maybe. Now, how'd things go?

Ash: Like you said, it was just for the afternoon. It was all done in four hours 

Goh: So not much happened. 

Ash: There was singing and games - twice - and then the character parade in between.

Goh: And they were all by friends of our friends.

Ash: Yup... and I didn't win anything from the parade.

Me: That's fine - it wasn't expected. I just sent you here mostly to have fun.

Ash: There was one odd thing: They were supposed to get people dancing at the end - but they didn't say that when it happened.

Goh: That's odd. I would think they have done that.

Ash: I really wanted to sing too to try to make things lively at that point.

Goh: You'll get a chance next time.

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["I hope so!"]

Me: Anything else we should know?

Ash: I got to do a few Pokémon things for you before I got back.

Me: Thanks. So overall, other than that last bit, it was a good exhibition and a good outing. 

Goh: I would agree.

Ash: I'm sure the businesses got their support somehow. 

Goh: If not directly from the festival, at least from other people like our friend.

Pikachu: Pika["Surely."]

Me: That's what counts, really - and I hope they got that, with or without us.

Ash: That would be really great for them! 

Me: And that wouldn't be so strange after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.