Saturday, September 21, 2024

Cosplay: Cosplay Creator and Community Convention (C4)

Me: OK, two "big" things this weekend. We'll start with this one. 

Goh: OK, so this one is clearly a convention.

Ash: And I'm going to it!

Pikachu: Pi pika pika chu! ["With me, of course!"]

Me: Right. And this is kind of a "new breed", something that hasn't appeared before. People have been asking if I will be sending Ash, so I have to "answer the call".

Goh: Sure. You two are well-known, so people will ask.

Me: Now they have the answer. 

Ash: I came as you asked, with my special journey outfit - as simple as I can.

Me: Great! So, despite being a "new breed", the place should be familiar.

Ash: Oh! The convention center at the faraway mall.

Goh: It was an actual convention, then. 

Ash: Yeah! A lot of the booths were for people sending in characters. 

Goh: Like our friend here.

Me: Well, sure. I'm told that the organizers - a community of that local place - took a "character market" [OOC: "cosplay market"] concept, the first of its kind.

Goh: No wonder people have been asking you.

Me: It makes sense, doesn't it.

Goh: Maybe there were booths our friend could take an interest in? 

Ash: Oh, I saw a few booths with services that could be interesting. There was also a quest card, but it didn't really work for me.

Me: Sure. I'll take note of them and see if they're useful. The quest card isn't a big deal for us anyway.

Ash: I met a few of your friends around the convention! 

Goh: That's always fun for our friend. 

Pikachu: Pika chu? ["Why not?"]

Ash: Some of them were in booths and some were just out and about.

Goh: That's the usual. How was the entertainment? 

Ash: There were a lot of dance cover groups today! And I think a competition for them too.

Goh: Fun for the eyes and ears. 

Ash: And... there was a character performance competition today, huh.

Me: I'm sorry about that. I couldn't set you up for it - it's a "big" weekend, and a busy one. I'll try to set you up some other time - I promise.

Goh: OK, now I'm curious about what you've got planned for Ash.

Me: Trust me, it's big and... quite familiar.

Goh: I guess we'll talk about it later. Ash must also have done something to pass the time. 

Ash: The food was fine, just the usual.

Goh: Weren't there communities?

Ash: There were! The music game and tile game ones from way back when.

Me: Nice! I bet you played a bit for me.

Ash: Don't worry, I knew just what to do.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu pika. ["I hope you do."]

Ash: I guess there were hits and misses.

Goh: But the convention was mostly a hit, right? 

Ash: Pretty much. But there was a bit of a holdup when people started getting in. Maybe they were confused about who needed to get in first. 

Goh: There must have been a line.

Ash: Of course.

Goh: By the way, this is a Saturday, right? So... does that mean this is a two-day convention?

Me: Goh has this absolutely figured out. And I only wish I could send Ash on that day, since there is a character parade and a few familiar acts. 

Ash: Aw man!

Me: In lieu of that, there's the big and familiar thing. But that involves a side trip - a really long side trip.

Ash: OK, so I got that side trip started.

Me: Excellent! Now go take a rest.

Pikachu: Chuuu! Pika... [starts dozing]

Goh: OK, this is going to be some side trip.

Me: It is. Stay tuned for one more surprise - the biggest yet.

Three years ago: Pikachu Fidget Spinner
Five years ago: Remember, Remember
Six years ago: Community Raid Days?
Seven years ago: Pokémon and Party Games

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.