Thursday, September 5, 2024

Wishing Others' Return

As usual, September 5 marks the day I returned to playing Pokémon Go so many years ago - appropriately covered on the first year I started this blog (see below) - with (and without) all the associated nuances. Now, the nuance I wish to discuss this year is a little less of mine and more of other people, yet still tied to my context. Four years ago, I discussed the coming and going of people returning to play, especially those that might do so occasionally; among them might be some people who played and have left their mark on others like me but not have been seen since, and whose returns are desired. This becomes the focus of this discussion.

Recently, a longtime friend who plays - not as much now, but whenever the opportunity arises - spoke of other people as above and in particular one friendly individual. Considering the "raid split" I brought up some years ago, which is unfortunately still true today, this of course becomes warranted, and the person is obviously of desire. Their presence is a marker of those times of good terms and the hope is that if they returned, they would help to settle the current situation - and hopefully not become a part of the "problem".

I find that even those who occasionally play are desired to make a return, even if just briefly to indicate that they still "exist" in the game and it pertains to them, even if only a little bit. I have some of these people in my friend list, and I don't intend to remove them except in the most dire of circumstances; I have faith that they can touch on Pokémon Go again somehow and at some point in time, and that their interaction is desirable. They might not have left so much of a mark as the others above, but they leave a mark nonetheless.

Considering my return so many years ago, they've become part of the game just like I have way back when; this is whether or not they've kept actual parts of it. It seems natural to make the return - hopefully with something still persisting - and make at least some advancements, particularly as the game has advanced so much today. In that case, some of those advances are potentially desired to be shared, as in the case above with friends.

The coming and going of people (players, Trainers) in Pokémon Go seem to be a usual thing, given the nature of the game. To desire some of those people returning and making further marks somehow is then seemingly expected, and in the cases above, would be welcomed. After the return I've made years ago, seeing others being able to do the same would be a sight for my sore eyes... and potentially fulfilling for the desires of mine and some others.

One year ago: Point of (No) Return?
Three years ago: Returns in Various Guises
Four years ago: Returns Come and Go
Six years ago: A Happy Return
Seven years ago: Here I Go (Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.